Monday, May 3, 2010

My Best Friend’s Wedding…without the drama!

Last weekend I had that chance to fly to Utah with Vivian for my best friend Dayna’s wedding.  It turned out to be a beautiful day and I had a wonderful time visiting for the event.  I flew in the night before and after driving to Utah four times in the past year I have to say that I feel like flying is close to magic.  Driving with two children and two adults makes it take about 12 hrs (or a little less depending on road conditions etc.)  Flying was 1 hr 15 minutes tops.  I just held Vivian on my lap and forced that gorgeous pacifier invention in her mouth (because of the air pressure) and she slept almost the entire time!

I’m so happy for Dayna!  We have been good friends since high school.  We ended up working both at ZCMI and Target together as well as her joining our family on a couple of vacations.  She’s an amazing girl!  Of course it’s hard for me to believe that anyone could be good enough for her, and I hardly know Jeff since they’re both currently living in Vegas but I hope they have a wonderful marriage together.

Dayna and Jeff

IMG_3742

He has great taste in rings…

IMG_3747

IMG_3741

Yellow tulips for Dayna’s day = Perfection!

IMG_3841 

Jeff and Dayna holding Vivian… her mother-in-law really like the look of that!

IMG_3844 

Classy cake!

 IMG_3849 

It was also great to see some of my high school friends who oddly enough didn’t really know Dayna until college (she was in a younger grade) Ryan and Malissa, Rachel and Nate, Emily and Brent, Vivian and Me!

I have to say I’m so grateful to my sweet husband who got the plane tickets for me so that I wouldn’t miss this day that I’ve been waiting to happen in my dear friend’s life.  He’s the best!  I love being married and I’m so happy for anyone else who can enjoy being married to a wonderful man like the one I am so privileged to have as my own.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! She's so pretty! Pretty colors too! Looks like Malissa is expecting again. fun! That was so wonderful that you were able to fly up to be with her on her special day. What a good friend you are! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those temple pictures you took are so beautiful! Good job! I really hope she is happy in her new life. Wasn't her cake fabulous! It was so great that you could come to Utah to see her . . . and Me. :}

    ReplyDelete