Monday, May 3, 2010

The Young and The Old…

I stopped by my grandma’s house before leaving to go back to Arizona.  She had called that Friday when I was waiting for my flight and was surprised that I was coming to Utah.  I really wanted to see her so I took a few extra minutes visit her while I was in the area.  Vivian was all bright eyes and smiles for her and grandma was thrilled to get to hold Vivian… especially now that she’s a stronger baby.         IMG_3881

One thing I really miss since moving to Arizona is the walks that Christian and I used to take to come and see Grandma (as she used to live down the street from us).  Those days are treasured memories for me.  I wish that we lived closer so that we could visit as often but as it is right now, I’ll just have to come when I can. 

There is something very special about the relationship between the old and young and I want my children to experience that relationship and learn to appreciate it if they can.  I am so grateful I took the time to see my grandma.

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome picture! I keep thinking that I need to call her and plan a FHE at her house or something. She used to invite us to do that when we were newly weds. I wonder if she's worried that Lilly is too rambunctious now or something.

    ReplyDelete