Thursday, May 27, 2010

Saturday…Soccer & Ice Cream!

Saturday was Christian’s last day of Soccer until the Fall.  It was actually kind of bitter-sweet.  I’m excited to be able to do other things on our Saturday’s but I’m really sad that we won’t get to see our new friends who run the program and Christian also won’t have the the children to play with.  I am really hoping that wherever we end up in the next (three!!!) months that there will be fun kids with good parents for Christian to associate with. 

It has been really difficult for me here though we have a few friends, I really wish I had a bosom friend that was interested in the things I’m interested in and wants to get together once and a while…. and Christian really needs a child or two to romp around with.  *Sigh*  I’m not trying to  complain, I guess I just feel very “out there” in the stratosphere….

Anyway, enough with the tangent….

Christian is getting quite skilled with his little soccer and I’m pretty proud.  I mean check out these photos of my boy in action! 

IMG_4232IMG_4234      IMG_4254 IMG_4260  IMG_4241

I love the program he’s in.  There is no competition—just pure fun that sneaks in learning skills to play the sport along with some great reminders to get a drink of water which is really important when you live in a state as hot as ours is.

IMG_4268 Here’s a picture of my sweaty, totally thrilled little boy after receiving his medal for the season!  Yeah Christian!

After going to Soccer, we went to a Breyer’s Ice Cream House Party at our AZ friend’s house.  First we played a game called “Reminisce” which was pretty fun though difficult if you’re under 30 (besides the fact that although I know lots of useless trivia I can’t place random world events and/or celebrities so well). 

Here are the kids ready to play the game…they lost interest pretty fast and moved on to their own games.

IMG_4276

This is Damean and Christian.  I absolutely loove this picture.  It is so full of personality and Christian looks tons like his daddy.IMG_4278

Here are the kids enjoying their ice cream sandwiches….

IMG_4287  They all look a little wacky huh? IMG_4290

Here’s Lydia looking distressed…she needs more ice cream?!IMG_4298 Here’s a great picture of Sherrada and Cody trying to eat and smile…doesn’t Cody’s smile remind you of Grinch’s smile?

 IMG_4304 

Here’s Vivian and Jared working out….IMG_4280  …and here’s Vivi just happy as can be!  She’s so chill…I love it!    IMG_4301  

Christian and Toran had a wrestling match….it was pretty funny since Christian kept declaring he was the strongest guy in the whole world as Toran was besting him with ease.  Got to love Christian’s confidence.

It was a pretty fun Saturday.  Thanks Venetia for inviting us it was very fun.

1 comment:

  1. I've seriously been considering putting Lilly into some kind of soccer class. I think she would do really well and could use something like that to help her learn some team skills. Christian is getting so grown up and handsome! I love the picture of him with his medal. That one of Vivian is just scrumptious! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete