Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The things kids say…

This little guy just keeps me in stitches!  I just adore Christian.  He is such a big help (though sometimes it’s a bit of a pain).  He is so interested in his baby sister and her comfort I just love it.  He doesn’t want to be left out of anything with her… he wants to have a say in whatever she wears, wants to help with her baths and joins her for tummy time.  He’s a great little boy. 

Of course, he’s still a little boy.  And little boys do/say some pretty funny things as they go about their days.  The last two days he has said some funny things that I really don’t want to forget.  So hear they are for your amusement.

IMG_3891 IMG_3890

Christian was holding onto the door handle and swinging on the door.  When I asked him to stop because he was going to hurt the door he said “It’s okay if I hang on the door.  Dad says we have an open door policy!”

Christian was looking through some pictures of himself as a baby that were taken with our old 35mm camera.  After looking through quite a few pictures he exclaimed “When I was a baby I had RED eyes!”

As I was watching Martha today she was looking right at the camera and talking.  I was staring at the screen but wasn’t actually listening to her, lost in my own thoughts.  Christian looked at the TV and then at me and asked “Mom, why is Martha talking to you?”

This evening when Christian was supposed to be getting ready for bed with his dad’s help and I was in the study/nursery/craft room finishing a project, Christian came in very distraught.  “Mom dad was yelling at me!”  “He was? I didn’t hear him.”  “Well, he was just yelling quietly.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! These are all hilarious! But, I think the red eye comment is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete