Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mother’s Day & Two Children in the Backseat….

(Could our trip to Utah have really been almost 3 weeks ago??  Time goes so fast and I’ve had to re-cooperate and get back on track).

We left Utah on Mother’s Day.  It was my first Mother’s day as a Mom of Two.  I was awakened that morning around 4 and I felt like I needed to get up for some reason.  I wandered around and then noticed my dad poking around in the basement in my brother Bill’s old room.  He said they got a call from my brother Bill that his wife was in labor.  I was so glad that I could be the one to move Christian into the downstairs guest room because he might have been more concerned if it was someone else.  That way Sandy could be in the bed she was used too.  Then I went to the guestroom we were in and fed Vivian and curled up to sleep.

I was awakened around 7 from a text from my brother saying that I had a new niece!  Congratulations Megan, Bill and Sandy!  What a great mother’s day gift!  Now everyone in my side of the family that has kids has two children.

After a while I could hear Sandy running around upstairs.   I wondered up there and played with her for a while.  She is so cute.  At one point we went downstairs and played in the “little kitchen”.  Man, I can totally tell that she watches her parents cook just from the confident way she adds ingredients to her mixing bowl.  So darling.

I was so happy that the baby came that day, it gave Christian an opportunity to play with Sandy who we wouldn’t have seen this trip otherwise.

IMG_4158

Sandy enjoyed playing with Vivian….I hope that’s a good sign that she will enjoy being a big sister. :)

 IMG_4156IMG_4161

Our drive home from Utah was okay.  I honestly was having a pretty emotional/hormonal day, but Christian and Vivian were really good (for the most part).  About halfway through our trip, Christian started making up all of these jokes that were really nutty and mostly about odd things marrying each other (I didn’t get them).  Jared tried his best to make them into real jokes.  My favorite joke sounded like something on the wrapper of a “Laffy Taffy” though it’s not PC.

Christian: Why did the garbage can want to marry the wrapper? 

Jared: Because it was trash!

LOL.  Ok. dumb.  I know. But I think it’s funny. 

After too many bad jokes we started playing car games.  Then we convinced Christian to take a nap so that we could listen to a book on tape/have a more grown-up conversation.  We counted and since last March we’ve taken the UT-AZ drive on six trips (that’s the same boring scenery 12 times people).  Yikes!  And it’s one of the most boring drives there is!!!  [Right up there with the majority of Wyoming :)]

Of all the things in the world, I hate packing, and car trips.  You’d think God was trying to teach me something.  The good news is that after all of this time, I am getting much more patience when it comes to car trips.  It’s mostly thanks to Jared and my sweet children who have made the car rides much more pleasant.

Here are my sweethearts happily waiting out the car ride…

….I am such a terrible mother, I totally forgot the sunscreen and Vivian got a bit of a burn (now she’s got a flakey scalp…the joys).              IMG_4179    IMG_4191Here’s Christian happily waiting out the trip.  I’m so grateful I have such nice kids.  I still go crazy with their antics sometimes but I’m so glad they’re mine!

1 comment:

  1. Those are such cute pictures! That is cool that Christian got to play with Sandy before you guys left. I can totally picture her pretending to cook! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete