Friday, May 14, 2010

Jared’s Graduation!

Last week the day we have been working, praying, wishing and planning for finally arrived!  Jared graduated!!!    

         IMG_3977                

Hallelujah! 

We did half the drive on Wednesday and then the other half the next morning.  Arriving around 12:30 pm in UT.  Just enough time to get the boys haircuts (Thanks so much mom!), iron Jared’s robe (which by the way was a never-ending task), get dressed, and drive to the University.

There was a reception with Jared’s professors.  Because his doctorate is a clinical degree there was not a hooding ceremony.  Jared is a little addicted to school and is now talking about perhaps someday getting his PH.D. later so that he can become a professor and get our kid’s cheaper tuition.  But right now we are done.

Here’s Jared with four of the six classmates in his program.IMG_3960Enoch, Jared, Megan, and Chelsea

IMG_3962My parents Doug and Jaydene (holding Vivian) and Jared’s parents Gerald and Linda.

IMG_3956IMG_3964

Left: Justin was excited to hold Vivian as soon as we walked in the door.

Right:Christian and Enoch’s son Tyson played together like they were old friends.  It was so nice to have someone to play with Christian.

 

The reception was for all of the six students in his program but only 4 came.

After the reception we went outside for some pictures.  It turns out that the bookstore messed up on the colors for Jared’s college so he ended up with teal rather than olive.  Oh well, I like the teal.

IMG_3974IMG_3981IMG_3978

After that we went to Jared’s Convocation where the college of health students and he had their names announced as they walked up to receive their degree covers (since their paper will be in the mail).  IMG_3986

Jared receiving his degree!

IMG_3999IMG_4004

Dr. Daddy!

IMG_3995

Jared’s Sister Deborah made a huge effort to come with her kids to watch Jared walk.  Christian was so excited to see his cousin Trystan there.

Once we got in the car to go out to dinner to celebrate I could have bawled I was so happy.  Jared has done so well in school while at the same time supporting a growing family and balancing so many things.  He has done an amazing job!  I am so proud of him.  Even though he had assignments, studying, church callings and all he has always taken time to be a great husband and father.  I am so excited that he can now have a little more free time and that we can have him to ourselves more.  I can’t express how happy I am or how proud I am that he has persevered.

 IMG_4008

Christian trying daddy’s cap on for size…he really wants to graduate now.  I guess it has made an impression.

We then went to the Red Iguana to celebrate with Jared and his classmate Megan and her family some other classmates.  IMG_4018

It was a fun evening.  The best part was when they brought out a cake for Jared’s birthday.  Yes.  Jared turned 30 the day he graduated. IMG_4011

Dr. Jared’s 30th Birthday!

It really seems weird to me that I’m married to a man in his 30’s.  I guess I’m growing up.  Honestly though, I still feel like a 16-year-old girl in a lot of ways though my life is completely different then what it was *gulp* almost 11 + years ago.

IMG_4012

What a perfect day for a perfect (well, almost) man.  I love you Jared!

No comments:

Post a Comment