Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wicked!

This month I got to do something that I have always wanted to do but have never had the chance.  See a Broadway musical performed live! 

wicked March 1, 2012

Yes, I’ve been to many a musical but it’s always been by a community group or school.  This is the true deal.  I’ve been to many an Opera live, but a musical is different.  The reason why being that honestly, at our house we  are cheapskates.  The weird thing is that we are both cheapskates about different things and so together we are very frugal though apart, not so much.  I bought the tickets in October with Jared’s blessing because they were discounted with a group rate because a woman in our ward arranged them. I was so nervous!  It was really fun and I loved it, but if I’m ever going to that venue again, I utterly refuse to be on the balcony again.  It was so steep I kept feeling so dizzy.  Not so fun.  But I did survive, and it was better once the show began.

It was also a great show and I loved all the amazing lighting, smoke and glitter that made it so magical.  Besides the music which was just so moving.  The playbill had a quote that said that people respond to musicals emotionally rather than logically and I totally agree.  My emotional side very much was drawn into the presentation!

Thank you Honey for the terrific night! 

1 comment:

  1. How fun for you!! I am so happy for you that you got to go!

    ReplyDelete