Sunday, March 25, 2012

St. Patrick’s Day 2012

close brother and sister

St. Patrick’s day this year was a little different because it was on a Saturday.  This means that I taught violin and piano lessons that day so our family activities were a little broken up.  But at least we were able to spend some time together as a family.  Jared was very sweet and made baked French toast that Friday night while I was preparing some things for Saturday and then popped it in the oven when he got back from the co-op.  Christian was very excited when he noticed the peculiar hue of our French Toast and was quite certain that it was due to mischievous leprechauns. Smile 003

005

Here is a random photo of Jared with Vivian (she is playing with my bracelet).  I am so goofy that I didn’t even realize until we went to our friend’s for dinner last night that when Jared got the kids ready for the day while I was teaching, he didn’t put a stitch of green on anyone of them…

I on the other hand was so worried about finding a green shirt that this is all I could find in my closet.014

According to my students’ though, it was actually the color “puke”.  Whatever.  At least I had remembered that I had a little  green eye shadow so I had another shade of green on s well.

The next day we had a beautiful storm outside on and off all day.  At one point that evening the light in the kitchen suddenly got very warm and beautiful and I realized there must be a rainbow outside.  Low and behold!  This is from our back porch!060

Just because, I decided to take a photo of our “jungle” as well.  The weeds here get so think in February March and personally because I dislike using weed killer, I procrastinate this task a little too much.  Don’t worry, this week I got a lot of the yard picked up.  It doesn’t even look this way any more.  Since Christian’s been on break I am able to get a little more done with Vivian occupied by playing with her brother.  We’re hoping to really get our lawn in good shape this next month so hopefully the next photos of my yard will have nice green grass.065

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome that you got to see a Rainbow on St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete