Sunday, March 11, 2012

Christian’s 6th Birthday!

February 13th was Christian’s 6th Birthday!  We had a crazy-busy week with three+ celebrations as well as a fun visit from my parents that week too!

First on the Saturday before his birthday we had a Birthday party with his friends from school.  I made a Slide show of that party.  Christian wanted a “Winter Wonderland Theme” with lots of crafts.  Christian had wanted me to make him a “Snowy” grey castle cake but I didn’t finish it in time so we went to plan ‘B’ and made a regular and a mini sized cupcake to have the kids decorate their own “snowman” cupcake.  When we brought a lone cupcake for Christian to blow out the candles on the kids reaction of “poor Christian” was priceless (don’t worry, I did make it up to him).  We kept the party small and with all the crafts we did we were able to keep the kids occupied for the entire two hours we had them.  I think all the kids had a fun time.

That night we hired a babysitter and went with my parents to go to the Mesa Temple with them.  Christian was very excited to have a sitter come and said that that was one of his best presents.  We should go out on dates more….

The next day we had our surrogate family from Mesa come and we had a lovely “breakfast” for dinner (Christian’s favorite meal of the day).  I finished the cake (of insanity) as dinner began.  At least he was happy with it!

Christian with curves adjusted

Here’s my handsome birthday boy!

IMG_1337

The tower just did NOT want to stay up…and yes, there was a dowel in it too…. IMG_1335

Here’s a fun photo of Vivian sitting in the wet-bar sink she was playing with the little critters we used to make snow-globes for the party the day before.

The next day was Christian’s real Birthday and I had  fun morning going on errands with my parents.  Jared took half the day off from Christian’s birthday  and we were able to go to the temple sight of the new Gilbert Temple.  I am soooo excited for when this Temple is built!  It will be wonderful to be able to get to the temple in 15 minutes or less.  Right now I have to set aside a nice sized chunk of time to go.  I never really really comprehended how lucky I was to live so close to a temple my whole growing up.   It is going to be beautiful.

IMG_1363

That night we were lucky enough to have six cupcakes leftover from the ones I brought to Christian’s school class and so he was able to blow out candles yet again.IMG_1367

Isn’t his smile gorgeous? Love this boy.

IMG_1376

Vivian came up with this innovative idea on how to wear her angry bird ring which didn’t fit her tiny finger and the trend caught on…

IMG_1377

Afterwards, we all went upstairs to the loft for presents.  I love that Vivian has started giving kisses to everyone lately…IMG_1383IMG_1388IMG_1392

One of Vivian’s Christmas gifts came along with my parents so it was great that she had something to open while brother opened his gifts.  She was very happy with her gift.IMG_1410IMG_1411IMG_1415IMG_1417

The gift from grandma and grandpa.  Christian was very happy to get Car’s Legos.

So now my big boy is six years old.  It’s unbelievable that I became a mother six years ago.  He is such a sweet, loving, sensitive, creative, smart, funny, strong, fun boy.  I love that he is enamored with knights in shinning armor and building things with legos.  I am so thankful that he still comes and cuddles me sometimes, though he’s getting so leggy and boney.  When did he get so big?  I am so thankful that he is such a sweet brother to his little sister.  She loves him so much that she sometimes cries while he’s at school because she misses him.  I am thankful that Heavenly Father gave this sweet boy to be mine.  He really is the best boy I could have asked for.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! What fun pictures! I love Christian's face when he sees his new legos! The picture of them with Dad and angry birds in their mouths just cracks me up too! We must have had the same person giving to our two girls because Kate got a wand and crown and a puppet too. Vivian looks very dignified in hers. Lol! That's also really cool about the new temple! It looks lovely! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun pictures! And it looks like Christian had a happy and memorable birthday!

    ReplyDelete