Sunday, March 11, 2012

Renaissance Festival 2012

We got a fun opportunity to go with my friend Patti and her Husband Mark to the Renaissance Festival.  I wanted to go to the festival forever.  It reminds me of the first Band and Orchestra Tour I took when we went to Excalibur in Vegas and I had my first real adventures away from home.  The festival was so fun and colorful with all of the colors and all the vendors in costume.  I loved this pretzel vendor with his stand. pretzel street vendor

Patti and Mark insisted that princess Vivian get a garland…at first she was a little concerned with the itch factor I think but now she wears it all the time. Vivian in her garland

Christian was very excited to try on all of the helmets…Patti and Mark bought him a sword and he wanted a plain one (he later confided in me that he wanted to decorate his own rather than have to pick someone else’s design…my little artist).

Christian in the helmet

Vivian was trying to convince us to get her a sword to…I was ready to but Jared was afraid of the battles that would break out at our home since two-year-olds are not very sports-man like.

Vivian with sword

Here are the kids waiting with Mark and Patti at the Knighting Ceremony.Patti and Mark with the kids

The Kind and Queen Knighted all the children in mass.  Christian took this very seriously and walked out of the thrown room with a very star-struck look on his face. SmileThe Knighting Ceremony

Vivian on Daddy's shoulders

Vivian and her daddy watching the Knighting Ceremony.

Vivian with daddy

When Christian saw this giant slide/dragon tower, he just had to go down it.  I wonder how many steps it took to go up it…

Dragon towerChristian in tower

Here he is looking out the top window at us.Christian coming down dragon slide

At the bottom…he made it all the way down in the dark.

Next we went to the petting zoo and Vivian wanted to pet every single animal in there.Vivian with the goatsVivian watching sheep

She was pretty frustrated she couldn’t reach this sweet baby lamb who just wanted her mother.

Watching a show

At one of the shows, we sat down (it was 3pm) and after I took this photo of the kids being so good, the announcer announced that since it was later in the day they were going to get more raunchy with their show and so if anyone wanted their kids to keep their ears clean we needed to leave. At least we got an applause for being good parents, but it’s dumb to me that the humor has to get so crass that people can’t feel safe with their kids at something that you’d hope could be family friendly.  Just saying…

The crowning moment for the day was that Christian got to see a jousting tournament.   He loved it, and Vivian got into it to.

Jousting TournamentChristian and Vivian watching jousting 

She got so concerned about this whole thing that she kept her little hand on his lap and they had their heads together.  It was such a darling display to me of their special relationship.  I am so thankful that I have these two little munchkins to share my life with.  They are my greatest blessing.  Thank you Patti and Mark for taking us.  We had a fantastic time!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like so much fun! Your little family is just so darling! I loved reading all of your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I want to go to one of those someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome that you were able to go to that! I really need to go to the Shakespearean festival someday. We actually almost did a couple of years ago for our anniversary, but those plans didn't work out. Your kids are so fun! I love how sweet Vivian is in that last picture! My girls are becoming better friends all the time and it just makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete