Sunday, March 11, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

This Valentines Day was extra fun because not only was it Valentines, it was also Arizona’s 100th birthday AND my parents were still here to visit AND Jared took half a day off.

I had picked up these very cute Valentines outfits at 70% off at the Carter’s store the week before and was really excited to have the kids dress in them.IMG_1420

He is such a heartbreaker…Love this boy!IMG_1430

My precious little girl.IMG_1439IMG_1462

That afternoon we were able to join Christian’s class for lunch to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Arizona becoming a state. My parents got to see Christian’s school so that was fun.  We were supposed to have a picnic but since it was a pretty stormy looking day and had scattered showers we had a picnic on the floor of  the classroom.  I was really glad I had brought my picnic blanket.  It made it feel a little more like a picnic even if the kids were sad we couldn’t eat outside.

That afternoon, my dad took my mom out and then they came back that evening and generously watched the kids while Jared and I went out to dinner.  It was so nice to be able to go out and not have to worry about the babysitter and if we were taking too long especially since the waitlist (even with reservations) was a little long and we waited for over an hour.

IMG_1484

It was so nice to have my parents here for the time they came.  Every time they come it’s kind of like Christmas for me.  I am so thankful that they are able to come as often as they, even if it’s not for very long since they have to get back home to their lives.  Thanks mom and dad for coming. We really enjoyed having you here!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Christian really is a little heart breaker! I can't believe how grown up and handsome he looks! That's so great that you and Jared were able to enjoy Valentine's together.

    ReplyDelete