Monday, March 12, 2012

Railroad Park

For President’s day, my friend Claudia invited Christian, Vivian and I to join her at the Railroad Park in Scottsdale.  I had never even heard of it before but it was really a fun place for the kids.  Being president’s day, it was a little crowded but I really do want to go back there sometime soon for sure.  Vivian was very excited to get to ride on the little train they had there.  Here we are sitting on it (Christian wanted to ride in the cattle-car which made me feel Closter phobic just looking at it so he’s not in these. v and me on little traingreyson and claudiaV claudia and greyson

Claudia and Greyson.  Vivian really likes this little boy…it’s so sweet.

Inside the model building they had a little caboose the kids could play in…they were excited about it and we went back here a few times.

v riding in the little cabooseon small caboose carOverexposed C with thomas the train

This photo of Christian is a little overexposed because there was so much light coming in the huge windows they have there.  It’s very cool here because they have a gigantic room with model trains all over it.  Vivian was content to watch the trains for quiet a while though her brother was not as intrigued as she was.

Vivian looking at the train boardhiding in pillarsMe and the two munchkins

Claudia took this photo of us…as usual, I’m the one who looks distracted. Winking smile

V on a machinebro and sis on pumper car

The kids really wanted to just climb on things.

They had a little museum and a train car that you could walk on and look at. FDR, Eisenhower, and some other past presidents used for campaigns and such.   The very narrow hall was a little uncomfortable for this spoiled child. Can you imagine trying to pass people down that hall?kids in traindown the train halllooking into the workshopWatching the merrygoround

We went on the carousel (but since I was holding Vivian, I didn’t get any photos) she LOVED those horses and was pretty annoyed that I wouldn’t let her go back on it.

They have a couple of playgrounds there so before we left, I let the kids play for a bit.  With all the kids off of school, it got a little overwhelming to keep track of two.  How do parent’s do it with more than one child to watch?going upClimber

Vivian has become a very good climber

Christian on the monkey bars

Christian is amazing on the monkey bars… I’ve even considered putting him in gymnastics.

going down the wee

Vivian wanted to try out every slide.  She calls them “wee’s” right not which cracks me up.

playing in the sand

I got a little frustrated though because at the end of every slide, she wanted to sit right down and try out playing in the sand right at the bottom of the slide.  So I would pick her up and move her to a different spot of sand, she’d scream and climb up to get on another slide and then try out the sand at the bottom of that one…and it’d start all over again.

Thankfully, Vivian realized that her brother could slide with her at the same time on the double slide and so she insisted it was his job to slide down with her.  After a few minutes of this I was ready to go home.

siblings going down the slideChristian and Vivian down the slide holding hands

Here’s a photo of Vivian the minute we got in the car.  She is very against wearing shoes so the minute we get in the car or somewhere where I can’t see her very well, off come the shoes.  Oh well.  She does have cute little toes.Vivian in the car

Thanks Claudia for such a fun morning. We loved it!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! My kids would LOVE all of those trains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun! One of these days... like if Bill ever gets an employee.. we want to vacation in Arizona and see your family and my sister's family.

    I know what you mean about the shoes... Abby takes them off everywhere - the second she gets in the car, during sacrament meeting. I think our ward must wonder if she even has shoes because they always end up in my bag long before she gets to nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls always take off their shoes too. Especially Lillian. Luckily she doesn't do it at Church so much anymore, but as soon as she get's inside our house or Grandmas she sheds her shoes. I think it might be genetic because Jake usually takes off his shoes once he's home to stay as well.

    ReplyDelete