Sunday, August 28, 2011

Some August Extras…

I absolutely LOVE the neighborhood school that Christian is going to for kindergarten right now.  I love the teachers and the administrators and the majority of the parents that I’ve met are gems!

The first time I went to help at the school was on August 8th for Christian’s teacher’s birthday.  They were having “red day” for red week.  When I walked into the classroom what was there to greet me but 23 red puppy dogs eating puppy food.

IMG_9425 

They had made red ears like Clifford the Big Red Dog and were eating cocoa puffs off of a plate!  It was so adorable.  I absolutely loved it!  Christian would not move his hand off of his nose when I tried to photo him.  At the beginning of the school year he really was surrounded by girls a lot.

IMG_9423

Here’s his friend Maddie.IMG_9426

This is the green table Christian sits at.

 

Another fun Birthday thing we did in August was go to Lydia’s birthday party.  It was a “Super Why” themed party and was adorable! 

Sherrada and Venetia (her mom) made super capes for every kid. including the symbols that are on the back of the appropriate capes.

The boys were super Wyatt, Lydia was Princess Pea, Jordyn and Vivian were Red…

  IMG_9437IMG_9459

and the babies were Alpha-pig!

IMG_9441

They sang the theme song,

IMG_9442IMG_9435

They acted embarrassed, IMG_9433IMG_9446

They ate yummy food, IMG_9466IMG_9469

And then, they went on a hunt for Super Letters!IMG_9470IMG_9471IMG_9481

And with those super letters they spelled out a special message:  Happy Birthday Lydia!IMG_9487

And as a reward, they all got a tasty treat!IMG_9494

We had a lot of fun!  I love birthdays!IMG_9501

No comments:

Post a Comment