Monday, August 1, 2011

July Temple Picnic

For the third Sunday in July, Christian was asked to give a talk in primary about “The Temple; The House of the Lord”  we decided that the best research he could do to figure out what to say would be to actually go to the temple and visit at the visitor’s center.  So the same day I borrowed the car to get Vivian immunized, I packed a lunch before picking up Jared and after picking him up, we headed east to the Mesa Temple.  After a nice picnic, I pulled out the camera to try to capture my cute kids who ended up being very uncooperative. 

IMG_9163 Vivian kept running away and though I did get a couple of good photos, they were a pure accident on her count.IMG_9165 IMG_9189

Here’s a basic example of how the kids acted the whole time…crazy!  I think the heat makes pretty headstrong kids!

 IMG_9196

The rule of the evening is only one person would cooperate at a time…

IMG_9207

Or none… :)

IMG_9210

I thought Christian’s smile was really cute in this photo even though it wasn’t in focus…

IMG_9211

It was fun just letting the kids run around in the beautiful garden (which ours is not at the moment with the heat and all our sprinkler problems).  I love being able to go to the temple and enjoy a well-tended garden…even in Arizona in July!

IMG_9225  

Christian is such a sweet big boy.  I can’t believe he’s gotten so old and smart!  He’s so much fun to be with and I love experiencing his games with him, because that’s what they are, an experience.  He has such a crazy, fun, interesting, imagination that the things he comes up with to play are hilarious and usually fraught with danger.  It really cracks me up that all his bad guys “repent” at the end of his games too!  LOL!

IMG_9258  By the time we left it was pretty dark.  Here’s the view of the temple from where we parked.  I love how it looks with the moon overhead.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! What a great family activity! Vivian is so sweet in that dress! I have crazy kids too so don't feel too bad!

    ReplyDelete