Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stormy weather…

Part of the reason why I’ve been needing to catch up on well, basically everything in my life lately, is because on Sunday July 31st, we had a terrific storm.  When it first started up it was early evening so we turned off the lights in our room and all of us cuddled on the bed together while watching the storm.   Here’s the view from our bedroom into the school parking lot.IMG_9379 It was coming down so hard that there was basically a waterfall coming off the roof of the school.  The wind was blowing fiercely and we watched two of the small trees in front of the school fall into the road.  We thoroughly enjoyed watching a nice storm since they are few and far between here.  What I really miss though is gentle rain which almost NEVER happens here.  Anyway, we weren’t too concerned with the storm…that is until the next morning when Jared tried to leave for work and the garage wouldn’t open all the way and glass shattered from the windows and pins popped out of the track.

IMG_9389IMG_9395IMG_9399We called a repair man and they said we’d have to wait until later that day because there were already ten other callers before us that had had similar things happen.  So Jared was stuck at home.  (Secretly, I was delighted to have him home for the day though I wasn’t excited about the reason why).  When I left with Christian to walk him to school the neighbor next door on the east side of us showed us their roof and they had lost almost all the tiles of the apex of their roof!  We felt lucky because we only had a few come loose….IMG_9384 Thankfully, we got the garage fixed last Friday and I was happy to get one without windows this time (I’m not a big fan of people being able to see my junk) and our kind friends the Matthews came and helped us with the tiles.  Thanks again Cody and Steve for helping us out.  We really appreciate you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a wild storm! I'm glad you came out without too much damage! Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! I'm so glad you were all safe and able to fix the damage.

    ReplyDelete