Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Growing up is…fun to do!

Because I’m cheap, I did “Preschool” at our house with a scholastic curriculum book that said “Preschool” last year.  Christian finished that book some time right before our move in November so I got him a “Kindergarten” curriculum book to do at home.  He was really interested at first but was having a difficult time being motivated to actually finish the last 30 pages or so by the time summer rolled around.  I challenged him to finish it before school started and we would take him out to wherever he wanted as a reward.  So just in the nick of time he finished his book so that he could go out to eat at his favorite place “Chick Fila” (the one’s here have a play area like some McDonalds’) on the Thursday before school started.IMG_9300  Here’s my proud boy showing off this nice fat book he’s worked through!  IMG_9301

I’m so proud of him for completing this book because when we bought it, I wasn’t sure he could get through it.  Now he’s starting to be able to read (which isn’t always the best thing since I can’t spell things to Jared when I don’t want Christian to know…).  But I’m excited that my little guy is growing.

And to change gears…I thought I show some funny photos of Vivian’s favorite thing to do in my (very messy at the moment) closet.  Trying on daddy’s shoes! :) 

 IMG_9267  IMG_9269 IMG_9270     IMG_9275

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I should get Lillian another work book. I got her one on how to write letters a long time ago and she finished it pretty quick, but I think now she would get more out of it, back then it was me helping her a lot, and now she knows all her letters and can write them without help. I should get her a math one too.
    Those pictures of Vivian are awesome! She is so cute! It just cracks me up that both she and Kate love shoes so much. The other day Kate was trying to walk wearing just one of Jake's shoes. It didn't work very well, but it was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Christian!

    I also hate when my kids learn to read and I can't do the "spell" thing. Although, I have taught Savannah that if she hears something spelled, it is ok for her to know as long as she doesn't yell it out for everyone else to hear!

    ReplyDelete