Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!

On July 25th Christian started his very first day of school!  I woke up that morning to the sound of someone clanking in the kitchen.  When I peeked downstairs this is what I found:

IMG_9356 

Christian was so excited for school he woke up, got dressed, made and ate his own breakfast and made his bed all before 7 am.  He was waiting to leave with his backpack and was pretty disappointed when I told him he’d have to wait for almost an hour before school.      IMG_9363 He was a little annoyed at me making him pose in front of the house because he just wanted to go, go, go!IMG_9364     

This photo shows a little better all of the things he picked out for his school gear.  I was really surprised that he didn’t pick a cartoon bag, instead he picked his favorite color…so I guess he likes green better than cartoons.  He must have good taste. ;)  Isn’t he handsome?  Even with the sun in his eyes he’s darling.IMG_9370 

He kept walking ahead of us (Jared took the day off and we all walked him to school).

IMG_9372

I thought is was so cute that they had the mascot waiting for the kids right at the front by the kindergarten playground.

IMG_9373  Christian with the principle who was there to greet the new kindergartners.

IMG_9375 

They let the parents walk their kindergartners in for the first time which I was really happy to do.  Christian posing outside his classroom!

IMG_9377 

Christian in his seat at the green table!  He was so happy to start school he kept asking why we were still there and I was taking pictures.

I am so happy that my big boy is excited about school.  This is his third week as I write this and he is still so happy to go see his friends and teacher and to learn and do new things.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute Kindergartener! That is so cute that he got up and ready so early! I love being able to see your cute house too! You haven't ever posted a picture of the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! I love all his green! I agree it's fun to see your house from the outside! It's lovely! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Christian and Madeline are going to Kindergarten! Time flies! I love that he was so excited and got himself ready. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete