Monday, October 24, 2011

The rest of August part I

Because I haven’t blogged in quite a while, I have some catching up to do.  I could start where I am and forget the last couple of months but then I couldn’t show some of the cute pictures of my kids so I will just try to catch up.

This picture is from when Christian carried a cup of water up the stairs and spilled all the way up.  I realized right before I made him clean it up that they reminded me of “ink blots” and were actually in the shape of dinosaurs (especially the top one) so I took a photo of his “art” and then made him clean it up. SmileIMG_9571

 

As we’ve all noticed, Vivian is a little princess and she adores dresses and dancing around in them as well as her daddy.  Here are some sweet ones I took of her one Sunday getting ready for church.

 IMG_9597IMG_9624IMG_9627

 

Because I have a new soft addiction to canning, I’ve been canning a lot this year.  When I was taking a photo of my second try at canned salsa (the recipe I make is just so yummy I needed more) she wanted to be in the photo too.IMG_9638

Vivian also wanted to be in the photo of my first attempt at making coconut candies.  They were supper rich and she kept swiping them and stuffing her face full of them and the her jaw was practically glued shut with how much stickiness was in her mouth.

IMG_9650

Because I have been trying to a) make more friends b) love entertaining c) need to get my scrapbooking/crafts done without kids around; I started holding a “Craft Night” once a month beginning in August.  Here is a my August themed spread.  I really loved the pinks that month!IMG_9665

On August 22, my Friend Christina came to visit me while her husband who’s a medical student was doing a rotation in a nearby clinic.  We had a really good time and my two kids had lots of fun fighting over her baby Maren. Winking smile

IMG_9673

Here’s a photo of how thrilled Vivian is to hold the baby.

IMG_9676

These next photos shows how not happy Vivian is to let her brother hold the baby.  I love Christian’s expression in this one.

IMG_9678

This day was the same day that my Aunt Mel texted me and told me that if I wanted to see my Grandma, I needed to come down right away.  Christina was a very good sport and helped me look up flights and rentals and figure out what I needed to do.  I feel bad I was such a distracted hostess, but it was actually very helpful to have her there to talk to as I was so worried.  Christina’s being here was a definite bright spot in my day.  Thank you for coming Christina.  You really helped me so much!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That spread looks amazing! And I love seeing all your cute pictures! What adorable kids you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have some major blog reading to catch up on! I'm so glad I could be there. And you were an amazing hostess, especially under the circumstances. I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete