Sunday, March 7, 2010

Christian Update

Have I ever said that I love the age Four?  Well I remember being four and I loved it.  It was when most of my earliest memories of playing dress-ups with my sisters and dancing around the living room began.  Apparently, this little boy of mine takes after me in the dress-up and pretending department.  IMG_2579

Here he is with his sword in his soccer bag “like the bad guy in Mulan” because I haven’t got around to making a sheath since I’ve been busy making other things.  This other picture is Christian playing on his ship (bed) with his soldiers (stuffed animals) surrounding him as he gives orders as they prepare to fight the bad guys.  I overheard him playing this game while I was on the phone with my mom and had to take a picture since you’ve got to love the backwards bike helmet along with his favorite rocket PJ’s, prince cape and sword.

IMG_2539  

He really wants to be big but I think he will miss being able to play he’s big once he is.  It is nice though that he loves to help out and do things with mom and dad.  The other day while I was feeding Vivian and Jared and Christian were in the kitchen putting together a pizza I loved listening to them talking.  It was really funny when it was time to put on the cheese and Jared instructed Christian to “put the cheese where it’s needed” and Christian promptly replied “In my mouth” and started stuffing cheese into his cheeks!

He’s been really doing some fun things lately such as building with his trio blocks, playing with his stuffed animals, listening to Scripture Scouts, playing a new “scatch” game Sherrada gave him for his birthday, soccer and of course he still loves to be read to.  His favorite books are  the illustrated scriptures that my mom gave him for his birthday and the book “The Monster at the End of This Book”.  The other day, he had me read it so many times I was going hoarse (from doing the voice), so I decided I should record it so that I would only have to push play if he wanted to hear it again.  Jared thinks I sound more like Yoda but Frank Oz did both of the voices so go figure.

This little guy is just a delight.  He always keeps me laughing.   He’s very intelligent too and has a strong desire to do what’s right.  If he is told that what he did is wrong it upsets him to the point of tears.  He also is a “policeman” in wanting to make sure everyone else does what’s right too.  Yesterday when we were out shopping we decided to go through the drive through at the “In and Out Burger”.  It was a long line (as usual) but it moved pretty fast.  There were a bunch of teenaged girls sitting on the low wall outside waiting for some other friends to meet them.  I commented to Jared that one of the girls was pretty daring to wear a dress that was sleeveless and barely covered her rear when she really didn’t have the body type to look at all decent in it (I actually am rude and said she looked like a polish sausage in a wrapper).  When we got further in line Christian said “Um mom, that girl’s dress is not very good, it almost shows her boobs!”  Wonderful *cough*! “Maybe she needs to be on ‘What Not to Wear’!”

IMG_2576

It’s so nice that he still likes to cuddle (though not as much as I would like).  The other day when he tripped and got hurt I was thrilled when he wanted me to hold him and rock him for a minute… I’ve really missed holding him for long periods of time.  Though man, he’s getting gigantic!

Christian loves his sister and our family.  He is all about group hugs and saying “I love our family!  It’s the best!”  I agree… I’ve been so blessed to have two beautiful children!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE "The Monster at the End of This Book!!" I really got a kick out of you reading it. So funny! And I love how Grover has a touch of an English accent. hahahah!!

    Christian is really such a cute child!!! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great imagination he has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I love the idea of recording a reading, I may have to do that for Lilly. Especially for the longer books or the ones she wants over and over. That cracks me up that Christian put the cheese where he needed it!

    ReplyDelete