Saturday, November 17, 2012

Capturing Moments

I have to say that though I find many parts of parenting masochistic, I really LOVE my kids and getting to witness their various stages.  Though the first three months of being a mom were really really hard for me, the last six plus years have gone by so quickly.  I am so grateful that I live in a day in age where we have cameras that can capture the moments of our lives as they pass in a blur.  Without cameras, it would be much harder to remember my kids at these fun stages they’re in.  I got picked to host a Snap Fish party this month and though it made some of my life more hectic, I was able to make a free digital scrap book of the trip Jared and I took to Hawaii and I was able to make some cute photo cards of my kids that I probably wouldn’t have taken the time to do with all I had planned.  With all my scrapbooking, I realized that I need to remember to capture moments that make me smile.  One thing that has been fun to watch is Vivian with all her “set-ups” that she is very into lately.IMG_5707

She’s such a little “organizer”…I wonder where she gets it?

Here are some of the photos I took for our photo card.  It was a really windy and sunny day the day I took these so their a little funny.  My kid’s look darling though.IMG_5713IMG_5718IMG_5727IMG_5735IMG_5740IMG_5741IMG_5752

The 16th was my Houseparty Snap Fish party.  Jared had a scout camp that night so I was on my own with the help of my awesome helper children to host my party.  IMG_1921 They really were awesome helpers. Christian cut out all the fish flags and taped them on the toothpicks for me….Vivian was the official taste tester.IMG_1922

Sylvia and Bernadette and Ben were the only people who showed up.  It’s too bad because I had some yummy treats to share.  The party instructions were to use these photo props and send a photo of everyone in attendance…well that was a little tricky since Sylvia was taking the photo.

IMG_0116

It was one of the shortest parties I’ve ever hosted…everyone stayed for maybe an hour.  Which was really okay with me because I had kids to put to bed and a recital to put on the next day.

IMG_1925IMG_1926

The kids were happy to play around with the photo props as much as I would let them.  I was happy to take their cute pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Isn't it wonderful when your kids get old enough that they can actually be a little helpful? It's such a relief! I love you glasses! Hee hee, and Christen's face in the second to last photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete