Saturday, November 17, 2012

Give Thanks for Music

On November 17, 2012 we had another music recital… There were 15 students who preformed 4 violin students and 12 piano (one student takes both with me).  Here are a few photos taken by Sylvia.  This recital was a little different than others because no only did they get their composer statuette, they also had the opportunity to earn a trophy for having a certain amount of practice per week (I also made them put in a certain amount of practice to continue with me for the next “season”).  Happily, I had 4 students who earned a trophy so that was exciting.

IMG_3078IMG_3079IMG_3080IMG_3085IMG_3090IMG_3091IMG_3092IMG_3095IMG_3097IMG_3098

I also had made these pendants for my all my students as a little gift from me (the boys got similar tie tacks).  I think they liked them…I see some of them wearing them once in a while.

IMG_20130207_113113

This isn’t my photo, but Jared and I constructed a ribbon sandwich that used pumpernickel on the top to make it look like piano keys—it got eaten before I remembered to take a photo dang it!  It was cute though. 

exps12957_QC10129C52

I really enjoyed this season’s recital.  The kids that I have been blessed to have in my program have progressed nicely and some of them amazingly (for some reason I could make a direct correlation between their practice time logged and their progression made. huh.)  It’s really fun to teach these kids and I’m excited to see how they will continue to progress.

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I love how your pendants turned out and the sandwich idea is so clever!

    ReplyDelete