Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

This Halloween was kind of odd feeling.  I’m guessing it is because it was on a Wednesday and it felt like it should be a Saturday because we stayed up so late.

The whole month of October, I was trying to get ahead by working on as many of the projects I needed to have done in the next two/three months…i.e Halloween costumes, music recital things, Christmas presents to bring to SLC at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Vivian’s birthday…besides all the other things I needed to accomplish on a daily basis.  Pretty much I let myself get burned out with things that yes needed to get done but I didn’t have much energy left to spare. IMG_2446Ben, Jared and Erik took the kids out trick-or-treating that night while Bernadette, Sylvia and I sat around the fire-pit at Bernadette’s house with her in-laws and passed out candy to the kids.  It was really quite relaxing and the temperatures were so nice outside it was a very fun Halloween—probably one of the most relaxing Halloween’s I’ve spent as an adult.  Then the guys brought the kids back and we roasted marshmallows.

IMG_2425IMG_2430

Christian was Peter Pan this year and Vivian was a (hot pink) Tinkerbell.  Christian had gotten a little obsessed with the Live-action Peter Pan that we have on DVD and since that’s one of my most favorite children’s movies, I was all over the idea of him and Vivian being Peter Pan and Tinkerbell for Halloween.  The kids were kind of disappointed that I didn’t have the energy to make Jared a Captain Hook costume and myself a Wendy nightgown but I had too much on my plate with teaching and everything.IMG_2439

Here’s Vivian and I being cheesy and yes, I did have a little trouble resisting the chocolate on Halloween.  But as my midwife says “As long as you only celebrate THE DAY, rather than the week or the month of a holiday, you should be okay.”IMG_2447IMG_2448 I really was pathetic and never took photos of my kids alone together in their Halloween costumes (it might have something to do with the fact that the minute they were IN their costumes they were running out the door to trick-or-treat…plus it got darker so much sooner this year…).  Thank goodness for Sylvia who takes great photos and was willing to share them with me.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I love how your costumes turned out! It looks like Jared tried to be festive for the holiday despite not having a costume. :}
    It cracks me up how your hand is poised over the candy bowl in that one photo. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete