Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall 2012 Visit to the Phoenix Children’s Museum

On the last day of break, I was lucky enough to snag a culture pass to the Children’s Museum in downtown Phoenix for the kids.  I love this place, it’s all about play.  My friend Christina has a pass there too so I talked her into going with us. ;)IMG_5551

The kids were really cute about the little “road way” area.  I loved it when Christian was carting the girls around with him.

IMG_5552IMG_5553

However, I wasn’t too sure about when Christian got James to give him a lift.

IMG_5556Here’s little Maren.  She turned so blonde this last while I hardly recognized her. IMG_5562

They added a new room since last I was there (which was almost three years ago). The fort room.  It’s full of sheets, blankets, cushions and framed structures to build forts in.  I really think they ought to add some board books and/or kid safe lanterns to make it more of a “sanctuary” feeling.  The kids had fun in here for a minute but I think it would be much cooler if it could be a place the kids could relax in.IMG_5564

On to the Art room.

IMG_5568

They always have some kind of structure for the kids to paint in the art room along with various other projects.  It just gets layer after layer of paint on it until it looks like a blob of meltingness.  Last time was a castle.  This time it was a space ship.  Vivian was very into this painting until she realized that it would take forever to finish.  James was interested for a bit along with Maren.  Christian was more interested in the Halloween-themed crafts to make.

IMG_5573IMG_5578

IMG_5580

Here are the boys making spiders together.  Aren’t they handsome?

IMG_5582

Vivian was very psyched by the glittery play-dough they had there….I wasn’t so much…seeing that it was black they had nasty fingernails for a while.

 IMG_5587IMG_5589

Here’s beautiful Christina waiting for the art room to close.

Next was the grocery store.  Vivian was happy to fill her cart with produce.IMG_5595

…And weigh beans.IMG_5597

Here’s Christian shopping (which is something he actually hates to do in real life).IMG_5599

The next room over is my most favorite—the Pizza Kitchen!  Don’t you love the oven and the awesome pizza paddles? IMG_5600IMG_5606

James and Vivian played pretty well together….IMG_5608

I LOVED it when Vivian found this apron on the hook and insisted on wearing it.  It matched her outfit perfectly.

IMG_5612

Christian was precious in the hall serving ice cream from the kiosk that they had there.IMG_5616IMG_5619IMG_5627

It took much persuasion to get the girls away from painting the rocks with water.  Vivian is a stubborn little thing and wanted her rock to be completely the same color—the only problem being it was drying too fast!IMG_5630IMG_5634IMG_5635

Isn’t that the face of an angel?

IMG_5637

Christina really must have a hankering for ice cream this pregnancy!

IMG_5639IMG_5640

I loved it that she kept accepting more and more! Smile

IMG_5641

Lastly, the kids played in the little pretend car area.  They were not happy that it was closing time so soon (I was not happy that the light was TERRIBLE).IMG_5654

We had such an awesome time at the Children’s Museum, I’m almost tempted to get a membership except that it’s so far away and that the kids NEVER want to leave.

After it closed, we went to Christina’s house for a little visit and then home.  I was really hoping the kids would conk out in the car and give me a peaceful drive home but no such luck.  The cutest thing was that as we were driving home Vivian was watching the sky turn pink and purple and she was so incredibly excited about it.   When we got home there was an American Girl catalog there waiting in the mail for me.  Vivian saw it and was engrossed.  I absolutely love this photo of her gazing at it.IMG_5662

That when I put her to bed that night I asked her what the best thing about the day was and her response was “That the sky was hot pink and purple. My favorite colors”.   After such a full day, it’s interesting to me that her most favorite thing was something that no one but God could create for her.

1 comment: