Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Big Girl Bed!

On Monday April, 30, I decided that it was time for Vivian’s bed to be converted into a big girl bed.  For the last couple of months, Vivian has been very upset in the morning when she wakes up no matter how quickly it took for someone to retrieve her from her crib.  The best person to actually retrieve her from her bed was Christian because she wouldn’t cry for 10-15 minutes at him.  But she sure would be upset at Jared and I and after being so upset, it took a lot to calm her down and get her to start the rest of her day.IMG_2608

That first night, I had to lay by her for a minute but she was sooo excited about her bed being like brothers she’s done pretty well.  The best thing about having her transition to a big girl bed is that she wakes up super happy and comes and finds whoever she wants to see (sometimes me, sometimes Jared and sometimes brother) but she is always so happy.  I think her having the ability to be independent is what has made the difference.  That night as I went to bed, I started feeling super guilty that yes, I’m a procrastinator and I still hadn’t finished her mobile that I had started FOREVER ago… and now she’s not even in a crib.  Time goes too fast!IMG_2610

Here’s the mobile up close.  I really like how it looks in person better but I still think it’s cute.

IMG_2612

Vivian is happy to now be able to tuck her toys into bed.  I had made the little matching pillow a couple of weeks before and she has been so thrilled with it, I’m glad I bought extra material to match the quilt my mom made.  It’s so cute.IMG_2616

Here are some cute photos of Vivian rocking her baby to sleep.  I love that she supports the neck…even if she’s a little wild with her swaying.

IMG_2635IMG_2638IMG_2644

Later that day, after school, I had to take a photo of my two darlings simultaneously reading on Vivian’s bed together.  I’m so glad my sweet little ones love to be together and that they can read their own stories if they can’t agree on what book to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment