Monday, May 21, 2012

Spring Piano Recital May 2012

May was absolutely crazy for me and one of the reasons why is because I held my Spring Piano Recital in May.  One of the reasons we picked the house that we did was because the open floor plan works really well for having a lot of people come over.  I’ve been debating finding another place to hold my recitals though because it takes a lot of preparation to get my home ready for that much company as well as all the other little things I do for the recital. I had 13 students perform for the recital this time there is not a photo of all of them.  I just thought I’d add a few to give you a taste of what it was like.

IMG_3241IMG_3250IMG_3264IMG_3291IMG_3272IMG_3286IMG_3293IMG_3298IMG_3303IMG_3320

Afterwards, we had refreshments with a veggie and fruit tray and a few cookies and brownies.  With all the canning I’ve been doing lately, all my students have wondered at my many bottles of preserves lined up on the table after I’ve canned, so I thought it would be fun to share a few flavors.  So Jared and I made Lion House Rolls in the shape of treble and bass clefs and put out pineapple mango, plum and strawberry pineapple jam.  I think the shape of the rolls was the biggest hit with the kids and the homemade jam the biggest hit with the adults.IMG_3324

We had a great recital this year.  I’m sad that it seemed to be over so soon after all of the preparation that went into  it.  I will just have to add something to make it a little longer next season.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment