Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dentist Trip

On Friday the 4th, Jared and I had the “brilliant” idea to schedule all our family dentist appointments for the same day.  Jared took the day off and I pull Christian out of school early to go to see the dentist.  Christian was really excited and I have to confess that yes, this was his first official appointment with the dentist.   He actually has had his mouth looked into by the dentist before but not for an official appointment, just because he was with me at mine.  He was really excited to see the x-rays of his teeth and I was interested to see how long his roots are.  Since Christian got his first tooth after he turned 1-year, I have figured that he probably has teeth like mine, I didn’t lose my first baby tooth until I was eight or nine.  The dentist confirmed that this will probably be the case with Christian because he’s got some SUPER long roots on those babies.  So when Christian is in his teen years and still losing baby teeth, please, be kind.  I know how odd it makes you feel.Christian at the dentist

Thankfully, Christian came out of his appointment with zero cavities.  Daddy and mommy were not quite so lucky, but with different reasons.  (I was really happy to have had one of my fillings repaired and it looks so so so much better, I’m thrilled to have that fixed.  Sorry to any of you who may have had to see me smile with that awful looking thing on my tooth.  Yuck.)  Vivian even sat in the chair and let the dentist check her teeth too.

After the appointment, the boys got ready and went to Fathers and Sons and Vivian and I went and bought coconut “ice cream” and made brownies and watched a Barbie movie.  It was an eventful day, if not extremely fun (on my part). Winking smile

2 comments:

  1. To make sure you get the best dental care possible, it is important to make sure you choose the right dentist to meet your needs. rocklin dentist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had brought my little girl to the dentist last month too. They had this area where the children can play and fight boredom and fear. It was great since it really helped in letting her familiarize herself in the new environment. Didn’t have any of those on my first dentist visit. Good job on your first dentist trip too! No cavities!

    - Darcy Losh

    ReplyDelete