Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fairy Tale Night

April 19, 2012 was Fairy Tale Night.

A week before, I had realized that Christian’s Knight costume that he wanted to use to be “High King Peter” (from Narnia) with, was pretty much outgrown.  So I bought more material and made him a new tunic and cap…not what I was planning on doing but since I’d made it before, it was pretty straight-forward.  The night before, as I was putting on the final touches of his costume, I assigned Jared to create a crown which we both decorated after he covered it.  Sadly, the closest Burger King is about 20 miles away so stopping by for a crown to cover just wasn’t an option.  I am so proud of how Jared did on the crown.  He is quite artistic if I do say so myself.

IMG_2482IMG_2487IMG_2489IMG_2491

Christian was very excited to get dressed in his costume first thing in the morning instead of his regular school clothes so he could perform for the 1st graders that morning.  I made him come outside to take his photos in his handsome outfit…. I wish I had added a little more length in the tunic because he really could have used it…and this is three sizes bigger than the one he wore on Halloween!  I love the photo of him ready with his backpack for school.

I was happy to be one of the moms who got to set up the gym with the fun decorations that the teachers have kept for years for this evening.  My friend Julie was really sweet and watched Vivian so I could help out.  Thanks Julie!

That night, after I taught lessons, we all walked over to the school to watch their performance.

IMG_2495

Vivian trying to be patient!

IMG_2509

The principle welcoming everyone.

IMG_2513

Christian’s teacher narrating the performance…

IMG_2519

The kids singing their parts!

IMG_2531IMG_2534

Christian with his perfect kindergarten teacher.  I still can’t believe she’s old enough to have taught kindergarten for over 20 years.

I really think Christian felt like fairy tale night was created just for him.  He was very excited to pose in front of every display and of course, he wanted his sister to join him too.

In front of Cinderella’s ball…

IMG_2537

Humpty Dumpty’s Wall…IMG_2539

The 3 little pigs…well sort of…IMG_2540

Hickory Dickory Dock…
IMG_2551

The throne room…IMG_2541IMG_2547

At the end, I took a photo of four of the five wonderful kindergarten teachers that teach at Christian’s school.  I am so happy that he can learn from such fun and loving women.IMG_2552

No comments:

Post a Comment