Sunday, April 22, 2012

pre-Easter week 2012

We started out the week by meeting our friends Julie and Mack and their four kids for the Easter pageant in Mesa.002

I made chick-overs for dinner and Vivian was NOT happy when her brother kept teasing her that he wanted a bite of hers.

010011

Here’s a cute pic of Julie and Mack and some of their kids…Lilly seems to be hidden.  We had so much fun with them.  Thanks Julie for suggesting we all meet there!

For the next couple of days, I taught violin and piano. Because of the progressively hotter weather and the way Ginger shed last year during this time and wouldn’t move because it was so hot, on Friday morning I took Ginger to get shaved.

When I dropped off Ginger, Vivian cried.  I wasn’t sure if she thought we’d gotten rid of her or if she just missed her, but she cried on and off until we picked Ginger back up three hours later.  When we picked her up, it was a big shock to see her and how white she looks under her big coat.  I asked Ginger, “how does it feel to be naked?” and Vivian exclaimed “NICE!” 090

Now whenever Vivian sees Ginger she says “Ginger nack-ned!” Which always makes me smile a little.091

That same evening, I held another craft night022

I toned it done on the treats since the next couple of days, I knew I’d be over-run by treats…and boy was I right!024026

I couldn’t resist this beautiful Lily when I saw it at the store.   Apparently, whoever supplied the flowers at church thought so too because they had one almost exactly alike at church and Christian kept asking why they took our flower until I got a chance to explain. :)

Saturday, after teaching, we got to see our friends, Marlene and Dan from SLC, UT.  It was Marlene who had first suggested we live in her mother’s basement apartment which we rented for almost four years. We got quite close to their family during that time and I have to say that those are years I look back at with fondness. They’re such great people!029

Here’s a photo of Jared and the kids with Dan and Marlene…030

And here’s a photo with me in it.

033

These two next photos are random of Vivian but I love how the first one illustrates how really TINY she is! The second one shows her with her favorite accessories and her fake smile!039

After Marlene and Dan left, we went to an Easter party at our neighbors and friends’ home Bernadette and Ben.  She is from Philippians and she makes the BEST food!  I stuffed myself and only had a little taste of everything. Yum!  After the meal, they had an egg hunt for the kids. Vivian looks super small next to that basket.048049050071

Ben and Bernadette with their son Brandon (who I also teach piano) checking out his loot.068

Vivian was very excited about the eggs, she wanted to keep looking!

070

Jared checking Christian’s basket…my guess is for something he’d like to taste. Winking smile

2 comments:

  1. I love Vivian's scowl!!! She is such a character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look of Vivian's is classic! It reminds me of Kate's grumpy face. I love the second picture with Christian laughing and Vivian pointing at him. They are such cute little friends! I love Easter lilies! I thought about buying one this year too, but didn't. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete