Thursday, April 26, 2012

Family Saturday in April

The second week of April, I had picked up a culture pass to the zoo earlier that week and so Saturday Afternoon, after Christian’s soccer, my teaching, and the mom picking up the cake, we all piled into the car for a afternoon at the zoo.  Here is Christian with his friend near the entrance.IMG_2354

We passed this fellow on the path…isn’t the color peacock blue just stunning?IMG_2358

Vivian was pretty excited to see a “meow-meow” as she calls cats.  Christian and I have been trying to educate her on the difference between canines and felines as of late. SmileIMG_2365

These (I think they’re Spring Bok’s) make me laugh…they are so tall and funny looking to me reaching themselves as high as possible to eat from the branches….I can’t even put my finger on what they remind me of on their tippy-toes like this.IMG_2377

Here is our white rhino and one of the best photos I’ve taken of one I believe.  Vivian was getting nervous.  I really don’t know where she got the concept of “scary” from but I believe it is from listening/playing with her big brother and all of his wild games that go with his wild imagination.  Christian didn’t understand the word scary until he was quite a bit older I believe.IMG_2383

I also feel like I got a good photo of this mandrill. Apparently their colors get more brilliant as they become more excited so maybe this guy was having an emotional day….IMG_2389IMG_2418

Here’s my sweet little girl so excited to be able to see all the animals!

IMG_2424

Christian was very thrilled to see what a Tiger skull looks like (he’s wearing Jared’s jacket because it was starting to get chilly…well sort of but my kids don’t know what to do with themselves at 65 degrees. Smile )

IMG_2427

Love this photo I got of the tiger sleeping on a rock.

IMG_2444Here is a lone little giraffe sitting all alone….it reminds me of a certain six-year-old when he feels like everyone is picking on him. IMG_2448

I think this one is sweet of Jared in the observation deck watching giraffes.  Christian was up there too but it was really hard to see him in it.  IMG_2459

This funny bird just reminds of the stork in the Disney cartoon of Robin Hood.IMG_2469

This picture reminds me so closely of the cake I had just finished for that little girl it was pretty ironic (especially with the periwinkle flowers in the corner).

After the zoo, we went and saw “The Lorax” and it proves how dead tired I was from the crazy week I had because I missed the last ten minutes because I fell asleep (there’s a first time for everything, I never have fallen asleep in a theater before).  Later that evening, we went to “Play in a Day” that the stake youth put on (kind of a road show).  My kids especially loved it and I had loaned some costumes to them so it was fun to see my costumes being used again.

No comments:

Post a Comment