Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween 2011

This Halloween was a little crazy with all the parties and events we had scheduled. I helped out for Christian’s Class Fall party in the afternoon and then we all went to the ward trunk-or-treat on Friday. Saturday, I had a service project to help my friend Jessy who’s on the Human Trafficking Task Force. The Primary Program was on Sunday (where Christian sang the 3rd Article of Faith song as a solo and did great).

Halloween Day I was basically insane and painted the front door a gorgeous color called Roasted Chestnut by Benjamin Moore.

 

BeforeIMG_0322

 

After

IMG_0327

I like it so much better!  It is a little brighter than the roof tiles but I think it gives a much warmer impression!  My neighbor Jessy says that she is so happy every time she walks out the front door and sees this lovely color so I’m glad she likes it since she looks at it more than I do. Smile 

  When I picked up Christian after school, this is what he was wearing (they don’t allow kids to dress up in our school district Shifty).

IMG_0409

After I picked up Christian from school, we made a snack the kids and I of hot dog Mummy's and Goblin pizza.  Here are the mummy hot dogs (and one Goblin pizza):mummy hot dogs 

The Goblin Pizzas were just bread dough shaped like faces that we made look ghoulish by puncturing holes in the pizza for eyes and mouth.  Then we brushed on olive oil, Italian seasonings, garlic and onion powder and salt and pepper and topped with cheese to make them cheese pizzas.  I opened a can of spaghetti sauce for dipping and with Christian’s active imagination he kept talking about the sauce being “blood” and I pretty much lost my appetite. Smile

 

Here are some photos of the kids enjoying their snack before getting ready to trick-or-treat.IMG_0334IMG_0331IMG_0337

After I was sure their bellies were pretty full, we got dressed and ready to go out and trick-or-treat.  It was getting dark pretty fast so here are the best photos I got as the light was going:

IMG_0338

IMG_0342IMG_0362IMG_0354

We had a lot of fun trick-or-treating down the street for a bit and then went to my friend Julie’s for a Halloween party.  All that walking, treats, and staying up an extra hour must have been hard on Christian though because he slept in for three days straight after that.  Too bad it wasn’t a weekend Halloween, huh?

IMG_0381IMG_0384

I almost forgot to add the pumpkins pictures.  The first one Christian designed himself and even wrote out step-by-step instructions showing Jared exactly how he needed to carve it.  The other one Jared did from a pattern.  One of the legs fell off and Jared was so ingenious, he mended it with a straight pin and it worked really well! Oh, and here is the finished door with all my decorations on it that night!  It was much more cheery to have to open this lovely door a bunch of times that evening for trick-or-treaters that night than it would have been with the dingy door.  IMG_0380

1 comment:

  1. The costumes and the pumkins look fabulous! Love the mummy hot dogs! I got your sweet note in the mail the other day. I'm glad Taran and I could be there for you. You are also one of my dearest friends and always will be. Love you.

    ReplyDelete