Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

The week before Thanksgiving, I had a craft night that only one person showed up to.  I was a little upset at first but at least I got to spend some one-on-one time with my friend and neighbor Tonya who recently moved away from being our next-door neighbor.  So maybe it was meant to be because we had a lovely time talking.  This is what we pigged out on: Pumpkin cake with cream cheese spread, molasses popcorn and cranberry corn muffins laced with lemon, along with some veggies. 

IMG_0548

The best thing about hosting is that:

1. I have motivation to clean my house

2. I get to have great leftovers for a few days

3. I get to spend time getting to know my friends better

and in the case of craft night

4. I get time set aside to get some crafts/projects done

So really, that “failure” of a craft night was in retrospect, a success.

The day before Thanksgiving, Christian’s class had a class party.  They had been practicing for weeks on songs for the occasion and it was so adorable!  When I came in with Vivian the kids hadn’t come in the room yet and let me tell you that the room was PACKED with parents.  At least each child’s parent was there if not two and some of the grandma’s and grandpa’s came too.  It was crazy.  Here are the kids in their costumes that they made. (Christian’ is on the left of the middle row).IMG_0549IMG_0551

Here they are singing their pieces.  Christian was intent with the whole singing thing…as you can tell by the photo.IMG_0554

The each child got up and said what they were Thankful for.  What was Christian grateful for? Knights of course.  (I’m hoping the other mothers thought he meant “Nights” but I wouldn’t count on it Winking smile).IMG_0561

Vivian was standing in the sidelines watching her brother and of course, Christian saw her and invited her up and then she wouldn’t come back to me and since I was stuck in the very back there wasn’t a way I could barrel through all the other adults and grab her so she stood in the front by her brother through the rest of the program. *sigh*IMG_0563IMG_0564Here’s the group showing their Thankful lists. You can’t see Vivian because Christians arm was wrapped around her head protectively.  At least he loves her right?

The next day was Thanksgiving and a little crazy.  Jared went and played football while I tried to stuff and put our 20 lbs. turkey in the oven.  Vivian was sweetly coloring in her chair as I was working on the turkey.  It was after I finished stuffing the bird and was placing it in the oven that I noticed this:

IMG_0567

Yes.  Vivian had somehow found a fuchsia marker and had scribbled ALL over herself (including her belly) and was very proud.  So after the turkey was put in the oven we had to break for a bath.  The photo just does not do justice to how pink the water was! IMG_0570

Things got so crazy for the Thanksgiving that I forgot to pull out the camera. We had Jared’s cousin Ryan over with his wife and their five kids and had a great time.

I am so thankful for my family and friends and all the wonderful blessings that I have been blessed with in my life.  I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment