Tuesday, November 8, 2011

October Happenings

October really went by in a blur.  The first two and a half weeks were Fall break so I didn’t have to worry about getting the kids up and going in the mornings until October 19th.  This was very nice if I do say so myself.  We had a delightful time just hanging out and coloring and doing projects.  I worked on making Vivian’s Halloween costume with some scrapes I had since I didn’t want to buy something when I already had materials….the sad thing is that I did end up at the store for some random items like thread, and a zipper, etc. so after that, I’m actually not sure if I saved myself any money though at least I wasn’t wasting anything besides this way Christian could have Vivian be a princess so he could be King Peter from the Narnia series and Vivian could be Queen Susan (because as Christian says, she’s the prettier one).  Christian is so thrilled to have someone join him in dressing up to play his Narnia game.  I love this picture of them together…she’s pushing him away so she can have some personal space.

IMG_0157IMG_0164

The only problem with dress-ups though is: they get itchy!IMG_0169

After pretty much just hanging around the house for two weeks, I decided the Monday before Christian needed to go back to school to drop off Jared so I could borrow the car and take the kids out.  My fabulous friend Christina took us to the Zoo with her pass (I let mine expire when we moved so far away though I’m considering renewing it again).

Of course we had to do Christian’s photo on the frog (which they move around each time we’ve been there). This way we can see how he’s grown.

IMG_0193

October 2011

 

November pics 2010 099

November 2010

on frog cropped

September 2009

 

We also played in the Little People Farm play area.  Vivian was very difficult to take photos of but she did stand still enough to let me get this of her with this pumpkin…

IMG_0208

And she held still enough to pet one goat for a moment at the petting zoo.  IMG_0220

 

She was thankfully interested in posing in the clam shell on the children’s walk which I love her expression in.  She looks so delighted.IMG_0226

Christian, being the boy he is, wanted me to take his photo on everything….Not that they all turned out.  I had to laugh when we were approaching this statue, the minute Vivian saw it, she started walking away backwards and saying “Ouch, ouch!”

IMG_0229IMG_0230

James looks a little nervous in this one too.

I think this one of Christian with the Lion is great because he LOVES Lions and the Narnia books are his most favorite books.  He and Jared are in the book “The Last Battle” now, I’m amazed that he has the patience to listen to chapter books the way he does.

IMG_0232

This photo on the elephant shows Vivian’s true fillings about heights…she hates them!IMG_0233

IMG_0236

Ember and James were very cute and just enthralled with this Wart Hog though she was insistent that it was a “Rhino-Saur-does” (or something to that effect) which made us laugh a bit.

 

After our lovely morning at the zoo, we went home and I put the kids in the tub and then put them down for naps.  We picked up Jared from work when he got off and went to “Mother Nature’s Farm” to visit their pumpkin patch and festivities.  Vivian was very excited to play in a bouncy house for the very first time.

IMG_0240

This isn’t the best quality photo but I love how Christian looks like he’s leaping out of the photo.IMG_0245

Vivian was cutely walking around eating a green apple that matched her sweater (I had to cut myself out of the photo because I looked like a mom who’d taken her kids to the zoo and then to the farm all in one day Winking smile ).IMG_0256

This is my serious brood on the hay ride and yes, Vivian is still eating her apple.IMG_0262

Here are the kids holding the pumpkins they decorated.  I didn’t get a good photo of it because it was getting so dark, but it was adorable to watch Vivian walking around everywhere with he little pumpkin in her two little hands.  She was so proud it was darling.IMG_0268IMG_0274

I Love these photos…IMG_0287

Love the orange tractor!

So on the third Friday of the month of October, I held my 3rd Craft night.  So here’s the spread…the pictures I took of the girls are all of their heads turned. *sigh*IMG_0300

 

When I brought Christian back to school after break, Christian’s teacher cornered me and asked me if I was crafty.  “Hmm…” I thought “I’d like to be”.  But I just said “Yes”.  Because sometimes you just have to fake it.  Ha, ha, so because of that, the next week, I spent some time at the Elementary helping Christian’s teacher with her bulletin board.  She said she wanted it to be of a corn field so this is what I came up with.downsized_1026111052

The kids have since put up pictures they made of scarecrows with little poems about them.  I thought it was a cute idea.

IMG_0319

This is a little bit of a random photo, but I thought it was really cute of the kids watching a show together.  We got “Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman” from the Library the week of Halloween.  I never remember watching the whole thing before.  Maybe it’s because I have a short attention span.  During the whole “scary” part where he’s being chased I almost fell asleep.  Vivian actually did fall asleep into the very first part of the movie but I didn’t take a picture for fear the flash would wake her.  We watched it at 5:30 that night and she slept until the next morning (don’t worry, we moved her to her bed).  She missed out on all our other activities such as making and decorating treats, carving pumpkins and “booing” our neighbors!

2 comments:

  1. great job on the bulletin board and fun pictures of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job on the costumes! (as always!) I really want to pop on down for your next craft night and have some of that yummy looking food!

    ReplyDelete