Thursday, July 5, 2012

The BIG 3-0!

Yes, I turned 30 this year.  I’ve been mourning my 20’s for a little while.  I guess I just feel like I’m suddenly at the age that all my aunts and uncles were when I thought they were “so grown up”.  I honestly don’t know if I feel so grown up….I still feel homesick sometimes, want my mommy when I don’t know what to do, wish someone could take care of me when I’m sick and wish I didn’t have to worry about money….maybe everyone feels this way.  Or maybe I’m just immature.  I don’t feel like I’m 16 anymore, I think I’ve been through a little too much to feel that way and I know I’ve changed quite a bit in the last ten years but it’s seemed like this last decade just went so stinking fast!

The morning of my birthday I got ready to take my kids to the “Summer movie” of the week at the local theater and Jared called me and told me to check outside.  I had been “flowered” I guess is the word for it.  I think I know who did it but they’re not confessing. IMG_3622Each flower had a message written on it.  It really made me feel special, if a little embarrassed.IMG_3627IMG_3631IMG_3633IMG_3634IMG_3637

Jared had asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday weeks before and I said I’d really rather just have a nice time with friends.  So he decided we should have some friends over for my birthday.  It was one of my best birthdays.  It was so fun to just hang out with people that I enjoy the company of.

Here’s Sherrada’s neat creation.  I love this idea for a taco salad (plus it was delicious too)...I actually put together a flag thing of fruit on kabob sticks that I saw on pinterest but it was gobbled up before I got a photo. SmileIMG_3642

It was pretty funny how we all pretty much ate with our spouses but when everyone started visiting there was a guys table:IMG_3644L to R: Mack, McKay, Jeffery, Jared, Rich and Ben.

And a girl’s table:IMG_3646L to R: Bernadette, Jenny, Jessy, Julie, Summer with her little Suzy.

I was really glad that Venetia and Jim made it…though they had to come later, it was great to have our surrogate “grandma and grandpa” here.  Sherrada and her family was able to make it later too…sadly, she escaped my camera…IMG_3647

Julie made me a delicious lemon poke cake.  It was so yummy!

IMG_3655IMG_3672

It was so great to spend an entire evening visiting as well as introducing our friends to each other.  I sure am blessed with neat people in my life.  Sherrada’s parents and family stayed a little later than everyone else and we played Quelf a very fun game with a few people.  It was fun to catch up with them a little too.  Though 30 is not an age I was looking forward to it, I sure had a fun birthday to make up for it.  Thanks to everyone who is so sweet to me. 

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you enjoyed your Birthday so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a wonderful fun birthday! I feel the same way- want my mommy and wish I didn't have all the adult responsibilites sometimes. I think it's normal. I can't believe that we became friends so long ago- like half our lifetime-ago. CRAZY!! I'm glad we'll always be friends. Love you!

    ReplyDelete