Friday, July 20, 2012

First time at the Phoenix Science Museum

So I had the most crazy, pregnancy-brained day the day I took my kids to meet up with my friend Claudia.  She had told me she had a pass to the Science Museum and and for some reason, I got it in my head that she had said the Children’s Museum.  I don’t know what in the heck was going on with my brain (luckily, they’re only about a block and a half away from each other).

I am so embarrassed that #1 I was running late that day and that #2 I didn’t even go to the right place in the first place.  I really have to wonder if all the lights are on upstairs sometimes, I’m so flaky and I really don’t mean to be!

Eventually I did make it to the right place and Claudia was very sweet and forgiving.  I’m glad she was because we had a great time there!  There is so much to see.  My kids were so excited that they pretty much did not stop running around looking at all the neat displays.  If anyone comes and visits me from out of town, I highly recommend this place, it’s awesome!

Here’s one photo I caught of Vivian in the little play area for toddlers in the home building section.  They also had the neatest blocks there that you could build basically anything out of if you understand some physics I wish I could remember what they were called.

IMG_3733

We went to have lunch at a different place than the café there because the things they offered weren’t very interesting to my kids except for a $6 hot dog.  Christian gave me the scare of my life when as he saw we were picking up to leave the restaurant, he stepped outside to wait on their patio.  Claudia and I were freaked out and I just about lost it when I saw him, I was so upset that he had been so careless to leave me.  He pretty much was acting too independent for me that day and it was driving me nuts.IMG_3737

The only picture I got of Christian was this crazy twirl thing that the kids can spin on to feel the force of the pull…if you notice it’s got padding on it.  The whole rest of the time Christian was going from one display to the other like crazy and Vivian and I could barely keep up with him, he was so excited.  It’s nice to have a super smart little boy except when he’s so excited that he won’t even pay attention to my pleas to stay with me.

IMG_3749

Even though Christian was being a challenge that day, I’m glad we went and that Claudia invited us, it was an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment