Sunday, June 24, 2012

Good Friends are Golden

One of the interesting things about living far from family, is that you start finding friends that you feel like are family to some extent.  My friend Julie has two girls around Christian’s age and her two younger ones, a girl and a boy are around Vivian’s age.  They play together pretty well which is great since Julie watches my kids while I teach piano in exchange for me teaching her two girls piano.  It works really well for me and it benefits us both.  I love that my kids have someone of similar values to play with on a regular basis while I can teach and not worry about my children’s care.  I’m so blessed to have them as friends.

Here’s a blurry photo of the kids playing ring-around-the-rosy together.  I love that even though each one of them is a different age, 7, 6, 6, 4, 2, and 1 they all play really well together.  IMG_3495

Here’s where “they all fall down”.IMG_3498Here’s my sweet friend Julie and her husband Mack.  She was out of town for her birthday so I was delighted to have a reason to make her a cake.  I’m so blessed to have her for a friend and for all the help she gives me.IMG_3508

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have good friends to keep you and your kids company! Having good friends really makes life so much easier! We love you and miss you, you know!

    ReplyDelete