Friday, November 5, 2010

Vivian’s 10 Months!

 

November pics 2010 069

Can I just say that I LOVE it when you start really seeing your baby’s personality shine through!  It is just so fun to see what kind of a person they are becoming.  This little girl is becoming much more playful, adventurous and a little dramatic…and with all of those, actually pretty angelic most of the time.  My friend Claudia calls her “Miss Sassy Pants” because Christian was patting her cheeks while we were line at a Scout dinner and Vivian bit him.  I’m glad she stands up for herself (without even standing yet ;)).

Food

 November pics 2010 008

Vivian loves to eat and veggies are her favorite.  She still hasn’t taken to fruit very much which is interesting since that’s pretty much how I am…not a giant fan of fruit though I really love veggies.

Along with her love of food, her new favorite thing is pulling everything in her reach out of the cabinet that we use as a pantry and playing with it.  She’s cute…but I can’t wait for a real  pantry that I can close the door—and keep it closed—and keep her out of the food.  I do love these pictures!  She looks so pleased.

November pics 2010 018 November pics 2010 021

Milestones:

Vivian is not yet walking (thankfully) but she sure is getting stronger.  I love her little “kneel”.  It’s so sweet looking. November pics 2010 002

She’s also crawling much faster.  It is amazing how fast she’ll notice that I’m not there and book it to find me.  So yes, she has become really clingy lately which is absolutely making me a little crazy.  I’m thinking it’s because she is becoming more independent in some ways and it makes her feel the need for a little security.  I LOVE that her hair is coming in beautiful and curly.  She is looking so angelic.  I love this photo (below) and how sweet she looks with her curls and her clear blue eyes.November pics 2010 076

Our sweet Friends (who Christian calls Grandma) bought Christian and Vivian Halloween shirts and brought them to a birthday party.  I love this cute little picture of her in this shirt playing with ribbons.366 

Here are my three favorite people:

379

Aren’t I so lucky?  They are all so important in my life.  I am so blessed.

Sibling Rivalry…Well, it has now set in (see paragraph 1).  I realized the other day that with all of our gushing over Vivian, even though Christian is usually the one doing the gushing, he has started to feel a little left out and/or competitive.  Today he was saying he wished he was a baby again so that he could see what it was like. So we talked about what a great baby, toddler and now big boy he is.  He’s so much fun.  I love that he loves his sister.  He’s been a really good sport about shifting positions in our family and I’m really proud of him.  I’m trying to point out more all the good things he does and be much more positive with him.  I think I did better with all this right after Vivian was born but he’s done so well, my worries and thus my efforts tapered off.  I’m resolving to keep up on the positive and lifting both my kids because they are both wonderful!

November pics 2010 013

1 comment: