Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a very eventful Thanksgiving weekend this year.  I was going to break each days’ event down into three posts, but after thinking about it, I think I’ll just put the whole thing in one.  Sorry it’s a little lengthy!

The first thing this weekend was that my friend Dayna and her husband came from Vegas to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.  It was awesome!  They are so smart to have come south rather than north to spend some time with us in our gorgeous weather (this is a commercial to persuade anyone reading this to come visit us in the winter, early spring or late fall…our weather is much milder if you want to get out of the snow or cold...wink, wink, nudge, nudge…).

Dayna and I cooked in the kitchen pretty much all morning long, then we took naps, or rested (I had some “me” time) and then we came back to the kitchen to finish shaping and baking rolls and warming up everything else that had already been prepared while Jared and Jeff carved the turkey.  Then us girls took showers went and freshened up right before we sat down to dinner.044Kiss the Cooks! We’re all sweaty and disgusting but we’re having fun!

103_0307

Lucky Jared got to spend most of his Thanksgiving hanging out with the kids (except when he was playing Turkey Bowl with the Elders).

103_0309 Christian playing on PBS Kids…since he did take a nap.

103_0310

Vivian letting Dayna hold her.  

103_0315

Me and Jared as I made the gravy with my scraggly straight wet hair (I didn’t find my hairdryer until yesterday so I had dumb hair after my showers for a couple of weeks). 054 This is a photo of Dayna and Jeff while he tries to find the “oysters” on the Turkey.045Jared, plating the turkey.058 Christian, checking out all the yummy food.060 Everyone at our feast (except for me, the photographer).062 066

    Vivian was getting a little bored with all of our talk after dinner and started playing Peek-A-Boo with her bib.  It was very funny.  Here’s a little clip Jeff took (I ran out of tape, dang it).

The next day was pretty much spend at the  Phoenix Zoo with Jeff and Dayna.

    001

Dayna kept trying to get Christian to wear his hat backwards.068

Vivian was enjoying wearing Jeff’s hat.

014

Dayna and Jeff enjoying the beautiful weather! 007One of the cute monkeys in monkey village.015Dayna’s family…018

My Family…027     Dayna and I.

After the Zoo, Dayna and Jeff left to get a glimpse of the Grand Canyon.  I was really sad to see them go but I’m glad that they spent the time they did with us.  It was so much fun to be able to spend even a short amount of time with one of my best friends again. Thanks you two for coming!  Please, come again soon!

My Saturday was spent throwing a baby shower for my friend Sherrada.  Her sister Kalei and I threw it at my house (now that it’s the bigger of the two). I made a bear cake and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out though it’s wasn’t as perfect as I was hoping it would be.

030Jared took Christian to Tangled during the shower and Vivian hung out with me.  She was actually surprisingly happy the whole time and not too clingy…she seemed happy to be checking out everything…039…like people’s water bottles and keys and other things. :)

042

Here’s a cute photo of Kalei and her new baby and Sherrada with her belly.  Such cute sisters!

It was a crazy weekend but I’m a little sad it’s over. *sniff* I love visitors.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! I went south for Thanksgiving and I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. First of all, you look great! Second, I'm glad you are putting your house to such good use! And lastly, your bear cake...it is pretty darn awesome! How long did it take you to do it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you got friends over for Thanksgiving and you didn't have to be alone! Looks so fun! I'm glad you're getting settled in your new house!

    ReplyDelete