Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving.  I have so much to be thankful for.  We closed on the house on the 10th of November after the bank that owned it decided to go ahead and split the repair costs with us and had those fixed.  We moved in the 13th with the awesome help of my parents, our “Mesa (adopted) family” and some great ward members.

Our old ward was really helpful to get everything on the truck in a timely manner so that we could meet up with our new ward at the appointed time and so many people showed up from our new ward that we were unloaded in an hour!

We still have some work to do on the house to make it totally livable (since the home-owners took most of the light fixtures).  My dad and mom were really sweet the first 4 days we were here and helped us with childcare and my dad put in a new sink and disposer (the other one was rotten and leaking), and hooked up the dishwasher, as well as putting in some doors for me and teaching Jared how to put up light fixtures and doing some himself.  Man, am I lucky to have such a handy dad.  My mom was lots of help too with cleaning, packing, unpacking and watching the kids so I could paint the walls of the worst room.  Thanks mom and dad.  You are such a blessing in our lives!

We are so happy to finally have a yard for Christian!  I don’t know if it was just the stress from the buying process or what, but Christian and I had been butting heads A LOT before the move.  It seems like all we needed was a little extra space and he’s been so much better.  There is nothing like being able to be outside to help a child’s temperament!

I am so grateful for the blessing to have a house!  It’s wonderful to do the laundry at my own home, put more than one 9x13 pan in the oven, wash dishes, have a disposer, have a sprayer, have my own garbage can that I don’t have to go down the steps and through a complex into the creepy alley to throw things away, have my own recycling bin, have a view of the Mountains from my bedroom, have a tub to take a bath in, and park in my own garage and unload things at my leisure.  I also love our neighborhood which has walking paths and parks and the elementary school behind our house.  I’ve already met a few really nice neighbors who conveniently have children around Christian’s age so we’ve been able to chat and have some play-dates already.  It’s amazing the liberty this house has given me!  I’m so so thankful.

Even though I’m happy to have a beautiful house, I am more thankful for my beautiful family.  My sweet husband who works so hard for us and is my true best friend and my two darling children are the best blessings in my life.  I am also so thankful for my extended family and the wonderful friends that I am so blessed to have.  These are the people that keep me sane.  I’m am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed my life so richly.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving full of thoughts to the wonderful blessings we all have especially each other.November pics 2010 013

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I am so happy for you and your family! I am so glad everything worked out for you and you were able to get your house!! I hope you post more pictures of it soon!! We love our "cousins" and maybe we will be able to visit you down there sometime!!

    ReplyDelete