Sunday, February 14, 2010

Christian’s 4th Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated Christian’s 4th Birthday!  I can’t believe it’s really been that long ago that I became a mother!  It seems absolutely crazy that I’ve been responsible for this child for that long!  IMG_2383 We had our adopted AZ family over for Christian’s Birthday party which included brunch. IMG_2349

Here’re Christian, Damien, and Jordan sitting at the kid’s table.

Thanks to Scripture Scouts, Christian wanted to have a Scripture Hero party  so we had the kids make boats (like Nephi) for the activity and then gave them journals to start filling out at home.

    IMG_2359

Here are the kid’s working on their boats (with a little help).

Of course to make the scripture hero party complete we had to have a Captain Moroni Cake since he’s Christian’s favorite hero.

  IMG_2368

If it’s difficult to tell what the yellow blob is with candles and a toy on it, supposed to be captain Moroni coming out of the Golden Plates.  I really need to take a cake decorating class as that is just one skill I have not mastered yet.  

IMG_2370

At least Christian was happy with it! Because of the light in this picture it looks kind of more like gold…

IMG_2377

He did so well blowing out his candles I didn’t even get any smoke in my pictures!

For those of you who would have liked to be there, here is the video for your enjoyment! (It’s a little on the long side).

I must say that I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given me this darling little boy!  He is so delightful I’m just plain in love with him and his amazing imagination and excited personality.  It’s so much fun to watch him be excited to help, learn and grow.  I really have learned many lessons from being his mom and I can’t wait to enjoy many more days with this sweet boy!

5 comments:

  1. I think your cake looks great too! What a fun party, and Happy Birthday to one of our 'other' cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Christian! We'll have to sing him Happy Birthday when he's in Primary again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Christian! Wish we could have come to his party - what a cool cake and theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! How cute! He is turning into such a handsome little heart beaker! How I miss him!

    ReplyDelete