Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day 2010

I Love Valentines Day!  Jared brought me roses Saturday night and set a gift bag on the table that I was not to open until Valentines Day.  It was the new Josh Turner CD “Haywire”.  I must say it’s very fun.

IMG_2400

I decided to start a new tradition of making a Valentines dinner for our family.  I had some incredibly (corny) funny ideas of what to serve.  First we had a salad with hearts of Romaine, then I had two Cornish game hens with rice stuffing with sautéed mushrooms and car(e)rots  with dill and to give a nod to cupid asparagus spears.  I know terrible huh?  It was great fun. 

IMG_2395    IMG_2403IMG_2401

Afterwards, we made sugar cookies with Christian and watched Sense and Sensibility (for my personal happiness).  It was really fun.

Here’s a video for my personal enjoyment of Vivian that I took yesterday after I put the hens in the oven.

I have to just say, I LOVE my family, I Love my two darling children and I Love my wonderful husband.  I am so blessed!  I used to think Valentines day was all about romance and you couldn’t enjoy it without someone taking you out to a romantic dinner etc. but I have to say this has been quite a nice Valentines day and all I really did was stay home and enjoy my family!

4 comments:

  1. I love spending the day with my family too. That's my favorite part of Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! How did you think of all those good dinner ideas? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a nice Valentines day! Vivian is such a doll. She is trying to communicate and it is so fun to see her smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner sounds awesomely delicious! How fun! I must admit I'm a tad jealous. All we did for Valentines was go to Arctic Circle with the girls for lunch.

    ReplyDelete