Monday, October 5, 2009

Christian Antics

IMG_0915

I can’t believe how fast Christian is changing and becoming more and more of a boy.  I’ve been really sad that he doesn’t want to cuddle as much as he used to.  He is so excited to be a big brother he’d rather kiss and hug my belly than me because he wants his baby sister to have loves.  I’m glad he’s excited but I think he’s going to be a little disappointed when he finds out how little a new baby cares about anything but their own needs at first—there are so many things he wants to teach the baby. 

I’ve really enjoyed having a little independent boy around the house who loves to help and can entertain himself.  He is all boy.  As is evident by how he plays.

Since I always mean to do little blogs about funny things Christian does and I forget, this blog will just be pretty recent Christian stories. 

The picture above was taken the day after Christian decided to make his own pb&j sandwich and dropped the jelly jar on his big toe.  It was really swollen and black and he literally crawled everywhere or made me carry him.  That was an experience with my big belly.

     IMG_1195

This picture was taken a Sunday morning about two weeks ago when Christian was much more interested in hiding in his toy closet and playing with his stuffed animals than getting ready for church.  It has really been easier now that he dresses himself—except when he decides that he’d rather not get dressed!

These next three photos are from the other night while we watched Mulan as a family.  Here he is on “his horse” with “his sword” tucked into his shorts as he watches the battle scene.  It’s really funny to watch though it’s pretty much an everyday occurrence.

 IMG_1250 IMG_1252 IMG_1242

This is a trick that Christian figured out ages ago but I decided to record it for posterity.  Who needs a toy gun when you have a PEZ dispenser and a whole box of crayons?

Here are some recent stories that I just think are hilarious vignettes of his personality:

Sharp Eyes

A couple of weeks ago I was beading an infant bracelet for the baby and I spilled some beads on the floor.  Christian came in and said “the baby could choke on these” then he proceeded to pick them.  I thanked him and complemented him on his sharp eyes.  Then he looked at me and said “I do have sharp eyes.  You don’t.  Your eyes pop out every night!! (I wear contacts).

 

Road Side Art

A week before our move, Jared and I were taking a left turn  at the corner with a light after leaving the neighborhood that we have our shed at. There was a three car pile-up and we recognized someone from our previous ward by his car and Jared’s cousin Heidi and her husband were sitting by the side of the road.  We stopped our car to see that they were okay.   We found out that Jared’s cousin just came out of their apartment where they had seen some of the accident happen from the window.  This woman who was coming to pick up the woman who caused the accident by running a red light parked illegally behind us blocked us in.  I asked Heidi if I could use her bathroom and asked Christian if he needed to go.  He said “no”.  When I came back we all watched the tow trucks as they loaded the cars on them.  Christian ran behind a sign at the side of the road and I asked Jared to follow him.  Christian came back very excited.  “I peed on the sign.  Come see mommy!!!”  I followed him behind the sign and looked at the mountain-top-horizon-looking flourish of liquid staining the sign. Then I turned around I watched five cars go by in less than thirty seconds.  At least he had privacy from our side of the sign if not both!

4 comments:

  1. Those are funny stories. I love the pictures of Christian on his horse! Especially the one where he's unsheathing his sword!

    The video didn't work. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! My bad! The video finally loaded right after I posted that comment! He's so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he, sorry to comment AGAIN, but I have to tell you. Lilly just woke up from her nap a few minutes ago and saw your blog open and got all excited saying, "Look mom! It's a picture of Christian!" . . . "It's so cute!" . . . "He's eating a sandwich Mom!" . . . "It's Christian!" Man, she loves him! It's so hard to explain to her why she hasn't seen for him for a while and why she won't see him any time really soon. Poor thing. I have no idea what she thinks when I tell her he lives far away now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stories, and I'm sure he'll enjoy hearing them as he gets older! I love the sharp eyes one..

    ReplyDelete