Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Parent’s March Visit!

This is going to be a pretty picture-full post…

We were so happy to have my parent’s come for a visit this March.  Originally we had planned to have them fly down in February but as we decided to adopt my sister’s ex’s dog, Ginger, my parents decided to drive down later.

Ginger had to have some surgeries so then their trip was postponed about a month.  Christian is so happy to now have a dog.  Here he is with Ginger on her “place”.  She’s a sweet older dog who likes to sleep a lot.  A perfect fit for our family.IMG_7632

We had a nice visit with my parents who came on Friday the 4th.

While they were here, we went to a barbeque on Saturday (previous post).  Sherrada’s baby’s blessing was on Sunday and when we came back we were able to try out our fire-pit for the first time to roast marshmallows.IMG_7621 Christian and Vivian were both so excited about the fire.  YIKES!IMG_7622 IMG_7628Here’s a view of our little out-door fire-pit area.  I can’t wait to get some real out-door furniture rather than folding chairs…but for now they work. :)

On Monday, my dad was a life (or light) saver and helped us fix some electrical problems with some lights we have as well as put up some of the outdoor lights that we had bought previously but couldn’t put in for various reasons….Thank you dad!  It’s so nice to be able to go out-doors in the evening and be able to see! That evening we went with my parent’s to the Rainforest Cafe for Family (not home) evening.  The have a fish tank that goes all around the entrance and fish swim above you—it’s pretty cool.  Here is Vivian’s wonder at the fish.

IMG_7638 Here are the happy diners….

  IMG_7642IMG_7641IMG_7653IMG_7648

That atmosphere there was really fun.  It’s pretty dark in there so it was hard to take very good photos.  It’s decorated as a jungle with animals that are animatronics that randomly will move and make noise.  It also starts thundering and lightning at intervals.  We got to sit under the starry night-sky section with little lights that make up what the sky looks like with the right constellations and  everything which was neat.  It was a little pricey but I guess it was worth it for the atmosphere.  IMG_7657

Tuesday, my dad was really sweet and helped me by putting up the chair rail in Vivian’s room (pictures to come…once I get a moment to paint it).  Already it makes a huge difference in the look of her room.  I love it!  Another wonderful thing my dad did was put in a nice big fan downstairs which we have used TONS this week because of the rising temperatures!

Wednesday, my parent’s left for a long journey home (which they made longer by going on a bunch of detours the first day (i.e. the petrified forest).  Here are some photo’s of the morning they left.

IMG_7679My Dad and I

 IMG_7676

My Mom and I

kid's with ginger

The kids with Ginger

IMG_7681 My Parent’s with the kids (Vivian was getting ready for a morning nap!)

IMG_7696Ginger had grown quite attached to my parents so she sat by the door pretty much the whole day that they left when we weren’t trying to distract her.

Thanks mom and dad for coming…and for bringing us a new family member!  Come again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment