Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

This Valentines Day was a lot of work but lots of fun.  My new neighbor and I decided to host a Valentines dinner together.  We used her lovely house to hold it in, since her’s is fully furnished.  Tonya put together this super cute table setting.The adults had tossed salad with green goddess dressing, chicken cordon bleu, lion house rolls, asparagus, and potpourri rice for dinner. IMG_7422 For the kids we had egg salad sandwiches and chicken salad sandwiches cut into hearts with red jell-o cut into hearts  and cheese cubes with pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks. Here are the two kid’s tables…one for younger kids…IMG_7424 …And one for older kids!IMG_7428IMG_7426Here’s cute Amy, looking like a Valentine herself.  So cute!  IMG_7433The kids enjoying their meal! IMG_7434 IMG_7435Vivian got to sit at the adult table…she was happy by me.

For dinner, Tonya and I made four different dessert fondues (yes, we went a little crazy but it was fun to sample them all!) We had coconut, chocolate-caramel, strawberry and simply chocolate.  Tonya bought a red velvet cake, and we had fruit, and granola cookies, as well as some pound cake cut into cubes that my friend Jenni brought over.    IMG_7448IMG_7443 Jenni glowingly beautiful!IMG_7444 Vivian and Jared enjoying the fruit!

IMG_7450Ismale and Tonya our hosts!IMG_7451  Me, at the end of the meal, looking a little beat!

It is so nice to have a neighbor who actually wants to be friends!  I am so happy that we moved in next door!  Her kids are the prefect ages for Christian and it’s so nice to have someone who likes to be crazy and crafty who understands my love for holidays!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so fun and everything looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, everything looks so yummy! I bet you guys had a great time. I need to do something like that next year. I am kind of a holiday loser. I hardly do anything. And Vivian is getting so big! She is adorable. You look good in that last picture. Have you lost weight?

    ReplyDelete