Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Visitors

The past month has gone so fast!    We were lucky enough to have some family come and visit us this past month.

Here’s a picture of my brother Richard who’s living in Atlanta Georgia and stopped by right after New Years.  He was planning on coming anyway and it was a surprise that he got to see the baby on his trip to see us (since she decided to come early rather than late). IMG_2042It was really fun to see him and Christian was so happy to have some one to hang out with!

My Parents also were sweet enough to come and help out for a week.  It was really great to have them here.  My dad went around fixing things and put in an awesome light in the kitchen (that previously was more like a cave before said light).  He also greased a bunch of random creaky things (namely doors and the rocking chair).  It was marvelous.  My mom helped with the baby and Christian as well as other things around the house like cooking too.  It was wonderful.  I’m sorry they had to go because it was really fun having them here.  IMG_2090 I was honestly scared to be a mom of two after they left and it’s taken some adjusting…though to be honest, I don’t think I’ve adjusted perfectly yet.  I really don’t know how to get out of the house in a timely manner yet…does anyone have any tips?  I’m so glad I had the help I did when I first came home with my baby.  Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to figure out how to be a mommy of two. I'm wondering how people do it with 4 or 5. I'm in awe.

    Fun to see pics of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no trick, and everything takes longer with each additional kid! I am sure you are a wonderful mommy of 2 and doing a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trick is to start earlier than normal and get yourself ready first. If you are in a rush you can always put the clothes/shoes/whatever on the baby later. I guess you just get used to having two and how long it takes all of you to get ready. You'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete