Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year’s 2012

On New Years Day, after our 8:30 am church meeting, we decided to stop by the park and take photos of the kids in their nice clothes since they just looked extra cute that day.  They only problem with that idea is that they were a wee bit tired and Vivian usually won’t look at the camera anyway…not on purpose.  But we did get some darling photos of the kids, even if the light wasn’t ideal at that time of day.IMG_0981IMG_0985

My handsome boy.IMG_0997

What a doll!IMG_1002

At one point, Christian was teasing Vivian by hiding behind this tree, it made for some cute photos!IMG_1010IMG_1013

My three favorite people in all the world!IMG_1021

My boys…so handsome.IMG_1026

Vivian was not in the mood to hold still…can you tell?IMG_1042

My handsome young man and I.IMG_1048

Christian wanted to take some photos of Jared and I.  The funniest thing about when he does this is that he wants to pose us and every other pose he will say “now KISS!”IMG_1059

IMG_1073

Vivian was getting tired and only wanted daddy at that moment (it changes sporadically who she will choose).IMG_1060IMG_1063 

This is when we decided to walk back to the car.  She perked up when we said we were going home to take a nap (“What? A nap?  I’m much to energetic to take a nap!”)IMG_1080

I thought this was a precious picture of Christian walking back to the car through the leaves.  He usually is 20 paces or so ahead of everyone.IMG_1083

We went home and that evening had a FHE about resolutions and wrote down what our resolutions would be for the year.  I know a lot of people having been talking about not making resolutions…blah, blah, blah, because they’re never going to be fulfilled, but I personally think that they are a way to reflect on what we want to become and how we plan on getting there.  It’s a point where we say “Hey, I’d like to do better at this or that” but you have to be realistic and realize that it won’t happen all at once that you change but that you’re trying.  It has taken me 2 years to get all of the baby weight off from both kids, but that doesn’t mean that if I didn’t immediately start losing weight after Vivian was born right before the New Year of 2010 that I had “fallen off the wagon” it just meant it was going to take time.  I love that the New Year symbolizes rebirth and starting fresh because that’s what is so great about the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that we can start over, repent and be renewed.  I hope that this year I will become a better person than what I am.  I have so much room for improvement and so many areas I come up short in, I hope that I will be able to change some of those areas.  May we all have a beautiful and renewing New Year!

4 comments:

  1. I pretty much love you Heather! I love all the pictures and your fabulous insight! (by the way, 8:30am?! Yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pictures! Christian did a really good job with his shots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Charisse- 8:30, yikes!! Once again I'm so behind on my blog reading. But I loved getting an update on what you are doing. You and Jared are so cute in those pictures! Your kids are adorable too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Sounds like Christian is a natural born wedding photographer!

    I love what you said about resolutions though. That's exactly how I feel, and I even talked about the same ideas to my Activity Days girls on our last activity. That resolutions are not supposed to be impossible, or make us feel bad, they're supposed to be easy enough that we know we can do it, but hard enough that we really care about getting it done.

    ReplyDelete