Thursday, January 26, 2012

Little Mommy and a glimpse around our home

This month we’ve spent the majority of the time trying to get over various colds at our house.  But that doesn’t mean we haven’t kept busy.  The kids have enjoyed playing with the toys they got in December, and I enjoyed setting up various fun things I got for Christmas around the house (with Jared’s help of course…otherwise, I would have had to use a ladder besides grow another pair of arms).

This series of photos is from one night when I was trying to talk Vivian into coming into her room to get dressed for bed.  Apparently, she was too busy shopping with her babies to come.

IMG_1088IMG_1089IMG_1093IMG_1094

The photo above is her getting indignant at me for asking her to come down the hall to her room….she’s about to chew me out if you can’t tell.

This next photo is of the kids in the master bedroom.  It kind of illustrates that this is the most boring room and that I really need to figure out how to make this room a little more romantic.  I guess I need to focus on this in the next month because this is the last room to be painted (along with the master bath).  The totes are not here anymore but how Vivian is laying  with her line up of dolls is pretty typical of how you’ll find her if she’s watching a show. Smile

IMG_1097

Here’s a little glance at our loft.IMG_1131Here is my happy green wall at the top of the stairs.  When we moved to Arizona, I couldn’t stand the lack of green.  This room has been my therapy for the lack of green and helps calm me and lift my mood every time I’m in it.  I personally think it’s a great room to hang out as a family in.  The picture is a chalk on black paper that Jared bought at a silent auction before we were married.  I had it framed last year for his Christmas present.  The Family Home Evening sign was one of my Christmas gifts this year that I’m so excited about!  The branch was found on a hunt with my sister this year after Christmas (I found it for $11 what luck!).  I really like my wall!IMG_1145

Kitty-corner from my green wall is one of my on-going projects…the family tree wall.  As you can tell, I’ve had a difficult time acquiring some of the photos I need.  Hopefully that will be remedied soon….then I’ll do another update with it complete.  Also, does anyone know what that stuff is called to keep your photos from dancing on the walls and where you can get it?  I’d really appreciate knowing.   IMG_1135

The next part is a little display I have in the bookcases that flank the other part of the green wall.  Below is my favorite little corner to sit.  The art on the wall is just a photo I took last year of the neighbor’s orange tree and then had it enlarged and framed it in an IKEA poster frame.  It was the least expensive option to get some color into the room.  I was really pleased the other day when my friend Austin came over and commented on how much she likes it.IMG_1140

This next photo is of our family resolutions that we have for the next year.  I decided that it would be easier to remember what we were resolving to do if we actually had it written down and displayed.  So I used Smilebox to create a quick list and had it printed with some other photos.

IMG_1141

The next photo is a corner of the Living room of the nightstand I found at Goodwill for $10.  I refinished it with Rust-Oleum Brand’s Leather Kit.  Then I lined it with scented drawer liners and then filled it with sheet music because I honestly have a problem with how sheet music get’s bent if it’s standing on it’s side loosely in bookcase or too difficult to take out of the bookcase if it’s stuffed in.  This has made it much easier to even feel like playing.  I’m glad I found this!

IMG_1147

Here are some pictures of the kids playing in the loft.  These are from Tuesday while Jared was at Scouts so I got to enjoy some time with the kids all by myself.  If I remember to bask in my getting to hog the kids to myself rather than feeling annoyed that Jared’s not there, we have lots of fun.  It’s all about attitude isn’t it?

IMG_1153

I had to pull out the camera when after Vivian’s bath she insisted that she needed to wear a bow in her hair.IMG_1155IMG_1159IMG_1161IMG_1168

Here is Christian staking out the books we’re going to read for story time.  I so enjoy that my kids love to be read to.

If you leave the loft and turn down and look at the end of the hall, you can see my Santa gift from this year…

IMG_1176A beautiful big full-length mirror.  I have been needing one of these for a while.  It’s difficult to know how you look head-to-toe if you can’t see yourself from head-to-toe.  This lovely baby is at Wal-Mart by Better Homes and Gardens if you need a mirror yourself.  The best thing about this is that it’s under $50 unlike any other framed mirror I’ve found of this size.

If you take a right past the mirror, you’ll end up in Vivian’s room where I’ve been having lots of fun crafting this month. Of course, I’m not finished with Vivian’s room, it’s a work in progress (along with everything else), but I’ve been enjoying little projects to spruce it up and I thought I’d share a little of what I’ve been up to.

IMG_1152

Here are the kids enjoying  a cuddle in the rocking chair together.  Below is a frame that I bought at Goodwill and made into a bow holder!

IMG_1177I also refinished another frame with the darker wall paint I used in Vivian’s room.  I thought this picture of Jesus from a used calendar looked nice with the pink.IMG_1182

These frames were also found at Goodwill that I just used a trusty can of spray paint to make them look lovely.IMG_1183IMG_1185Jared was really sweet and helped me install these shelves that a finished from Hobby Lobby.  I have been very pleased to have somewhere to put more fragile things.  It’s a great place to display them in Vivian’s room safely out of reach.

I really am loving Vivian’s lovely pink room and she seems to enjoy it too.  Here’s a funny picture of the kids playing around while Jared was helping me hang the frames.  I love these kids!  They are so much fun….I also love making our home full of special touches for them too.

IMG_1187IMG_1191IMG_1192

3 comments:

  1. Fun pictures! I love all the frames! Especially the bow holder one! I feel inspired! I think I may just have to make one of those. You have great resolutions too! What a great idea to print them out and frame them!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a fabulous job decorating!! I love all of it! Maybe someday I can come see it in person! ;). For your picture frames, just put a little piece of painters tape on the back of one corner. It does the trick quite nicely, and with all of your painting, you probably already have some on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the home pictures, you have done a great job! I love, love, love your family tree wall!

    ReplyDelete