Tuesday, January 31, 2012

100 Days of School and Toddler Time

On January 19th it was the 100th day of school, the whole Kindergarten class had a special day to celebrate.  I volunteered to help and I thought it would be more like a party, but it was more of a day full of activities celebrating the number 100.  Which, really is prefect for Kindergartners since counting to 100 is a goal that they should all achieve by the end of the year (of course at the “Meet the Principle” day, three months before Christian started Kindergarten he was happy to announce to her that he already knew how to count to 100 so it’s a little old hat for him).  It was a cute day and they read a “Fancy Nancy” Book about the 100th day of school. Had a snack with one stick pretzel and two marshmallows to make it look like “100”.  They drew a picture of themselves today and a picture of what they will look like when they are 100 years old (some of the little boys drew the funniest pictures with tufts of hair above their ears and riding in wheelchairs that made me laugh and laugh they were so cute). They also made glasses and a hat that said 100.  I did a game with counting bears to try to get as close to 100 as possible and there was another game where you match the numbers you pick out with a big number line that spanned the hall.  If they matched all those they got a cookie.  I was really impressed with the fun activities they had to celebrate 1oo days.

100 days

Here’s a photo from my camera of Christian sporting his 100-day gear.

That same day, I also did another bulletin board for Christian’s class to celebrate snow.  Christian helped me create the snowflakes the night before so I was able to slap it up on the wall pretty quickly during lunch which was good because as soon as I was done with that I needed to help Christian’s teacher get ready for the 100 day celebration.

snow board

This is what it looked like once I added the snowmen that Christian’s class made the day before.snowman board 

They each made a snowman and wrote a story on the tummy about it.  Christian’s of course was a knight snowman who defended his little sister (it’s the one with a sword).

And not to leave out Vivian, I’ve been taking her to Toddler Time at the Library as often as she will let me.  She is actually a little home-body and wants to stay home with me so sometimes I fight her to go out, because let’s be honest, Mommy likes to get out once in a while and leave the house the way it is.  Once we’re there though, she is very happy to play and though she’s one of the tiniest ones there, she can hold her own.  Here’s a photo from my phone of her singing  and dancing along to the music.

toddler time

Vivian is a very good singer and is now sitting with a hymnal on her lap for the first hymn at church and sings her own words.  She really loves music and also “plays” the piano everyday after lunch in an effort to elude me from giving her naps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment