Monday, July 25, 2011

June Catch-up

I don’t really know how I’ve been so terrible about blogging lately so this is a major catch-up post. :)

This June it got too hot for me to walk outside everyday so I got to enjoy waking up and cuddling with the kids.  It’s pretty funny because whichever parent is cuddling Christian, Vivian thinks she has to have the parent cuddle her too so it’s not like Jared and I each get a child.  One parent is the favorite at time…that’s why I was able to take these funny pictures of the kids playing with Jared one morning.

IMG_8679

Vivian is pretty into being tickled and as you can see from the pictures, she doesn’t need to talk to tell us she wants to be tickled. ;)

IMG_8667 

The boys cuddling…

IMG_8670

Vivian’s gorgeous blue eyes       

IMG_8678 

Near the end of June we attended a funeral of a man from our ward in Central Phoenix that though he had severe Parkinson's disease and was confined to a wheel-chair and couldn’t speak easily, he was a great example of a faithful member.  He attended all the meetings that he could despite being unable to speak.  When I think that about him, I feel ashamed to whine about how difficult it is to be to church.  Here’s a photo of Vivian and I after I finished putting her shoes on to go to the funeral.  It was a very good service, and though it was a long drive, I felt that it was worth it for the spiritual boost I felt there.

 IMG_8882  

One night, after I’d cleaned the kitchen and went upstairs for family prayer, this is the darling sight I found on my bed…. IMG_8905 IMG_8906    IMG_8913

I can’t help it, I just think my kids are so cute!

On June 29th, we celebrated Vivian’s half-birthday with half a cake of course.   I had a ton of left-over banana’s from the co-op so I made banana cake with penuche icing.  Yum!

Vivian was a little too nervous to blow out her candles.  I have to say she is a very fun 18-month-old girl.  She loves to “sing” in church, dance around the living room, pound on the piano, color and draw, have her hair “done”, wear bracelets, and change shoes all day long (sometimes her own, sometimes not).  She is all girl.  It’s so much fun.  She’s not much a communicator, but she really does understand a lot.  Whenever I ask Christian to give Ginger water, Vivian goes and gets the watering can out.  She also will put away things without complaint.  It’s very nice.  Christian once left three pairs downstairs in a pile and I asked him to bring his shoes upstairs and he was ignoring me, so Vivian took each shoe upstairs one by one and put them away.  She LOVES to help and it’s darling.  We’ll see how long it lasts. ;)IMG_8924  IMG_8928

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! Our girls have so much in common! Kate is really good about helping, and puts away Lily's shoes for her too. She also loves to be tickled, especially on her neck. She'll tilt her head back on purpose just asking to be tickled. My favorite thing though, right now is when she tries to tickle me and says "gliga-liga-liga."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest family! I hope I can be an amazing mom like you.

    ReplyDelete