Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is Five easier than Two?

At the beginning of July, because of the holiday, my neighbor’s babysitter was still on vacation when they came home from their vacation.  So I was asked to watch the twins as well as their older brother.  Things actually were pretty easy except for with my own big boy who was having a difficult time sharing his mom. ;)  I tried to do a new art “activity” everyday to keep them occupied, which worked well between breakfast, playing and lunch.  One day we colored, another we painted and another we played play-dough.  These pictures are from our play-dough day.  It was pretty fun to watch Vivian getting into the play-dough with real interest for the first time.  IMG_9081  IMG_9083    IMG_9087 Christian and Vivian kept getting into each other’s way as you can see from her look of distress!

    IMG_9092  The first time EVER in documented history that Vivian has smiled when I told her to “say cheese”!

Once the older kids all noticed that I had the camera out, they all wanted to pose for a picture…with Ginger!  It cracks me up that she’s their favorite back-drop!IMG_9094 Sophia

IMG_9095 Zion

IMG_9096 Christian

IMG_9097

Moses

It actually seemed easier to watch all five kids just because I got SO MUCH DONE(!) while they were here….at least for the majority of the time because they entertained each other.  Some of the time, I felt like a maid just because five kids (and with three that aren’t your own  that you can assign chores to) takes a lot of clean up.  I taught piano one of the days and my friend Julie came to help watch kids upstairs while I taught so there were eleven kids at my house at that point!  Needless to say, our house was very quiet after having them over for three days.  But it was fun while they were here!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I agree it's easier to have extra kids here because it keeps mine entertained. The other day, I had 5 at my house, though, and it was chaos. I think it depends on the kids, the day, and how well prepared I am (with things like non-messy snacks).

    I loved the warmup suit you gave Linsey! We missed you at the shower today. You are so thoughtful (and organized) to send gifts to the showers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute pictures! Yeah, I think it depends on the kids if it's easier or not. When I did preschool I had to be there to intervene a lot because Lily and one of the other kids kind of have power struggle issues with each other, but some friends that have come over for play dates are just really good at getting along with my kids and the girls never fight.

    ReplyDelete