Sunday, June 5, 2011

Little Miss Personality!

Since Vivian became 16 months and even more now that she is 17 months her little (or shall I say big) personality is really coming through!  She is a very delightful little girl to get to know.  She has a real obsession with boxes and being in them, as well as dressing up (or down).  Here is a photo I took on Jared’s birthday as she sat contentedly in the box that I mod-podged for Christian’s baby doll before she was born and he was constantly borrowing my laundry baskets for his baby’s bed.IMG_8187 I love how sweet and innocent she looks in this…she’s actually showing me her boo-boo with her right pointer finger. She was very concerned, though she doesn’t like me to kiss her boo-boos because she wants to do that herself.IMG_8241 Vivian is also a BIG fan of coloring.  She and Christian sit up at the counter most days and color and color and color, unless of course I need them to stay occupied, then they follow me around ;).IMG_8255   IMG_8259

Vivian is also a shoe-hound.  The first thing that she wants in the morning is to have shoes on (I’m wondering if this is because then she knows I will let her play outside before it gets too hot).  She also wants a barrette in her hair first thing.  Of course we usually have a fight to actually get her dressed in the morning because who needs clothes when you have accessories?!  Here are her favorite little pink cowgirl boots. And her little pink bow she picked out for herself.IMG_8286 IMG_8291  Vivian also keeps doing something that cracks me up and that is to stuff things in her shirt all day.  If we can’t find something, it’s probably in her shirt….i.e. batteries, barrettes, my cell phone, keys….  This is one reason why with her I prefer tee-shirts…except for one little thing….IMG_8301The belly-button obsession!

Here are some more photos of Vivian in boxes… IMG_8344 IMG_8361  

These photos are from the day I discovered (and so did Vivian) that she can open marker lids….she sat and colored on papers and the box, and then decided to practice her body art skills ;).IMG_8376

The next few pictures are from a couple of weeks ago while the boys were at Father’s and Sons and Vivian and I went to the Peach Festival with my friend Julie and her four kids.  It was really the first time I’ve spent on an outing where it was just Vivian and I together without Christian there.  I’ve taken her shopping alone with me before, or hung out at home but never really something fun (unless you consider shopping fun).  She was so good there and really enjoyed being carted around.IMG_8398 She really enjoyed all the things I gave her to try in the tasters tent and wasn’t picky about them at all.

Julie’s girls picked the pony ride for their fun ride rather than the train or the hayride.  I wasn’t sure how Vivian would react because she is usually much more nervous about things than Christian is.  I guess I didn’t take into account that Vivian LOVES animals and will just come right up to big dogs and give them hugs around the neck with no fear. 

Well, when approached the pony rides, she got so excited that she started running straight for those ponies!  I grabbed her fast but the guy there commented that she was fearless for one so small.  Here are a few pony ride photos (since I had a difficult time picking one).  She’s wearing a bonnet that my mother brought when Vivian was born that use to be mine.  I think I get more comments on this bonnet than any other article of clothing that she has.  I really like it because it stays on and shades her face.IMG_8416   IMG_8424 IMG_8428 IMG_8432

After the pony ride Vivian was quite upset that it was over and cried and cried for the pony until they were out of sight.   IMG_8525Vivian also has lots of fun with her big brother though I’m not sure how much she trusts him…since she always screams in mock terror when he smiles a certain way.  But she really loves her brother and attacking him with hugs!  Here are some photos that were taken at the Mesa Temple Easter pageant that show her cute little personality too! 

IMG_7962 IMG_7965 IMG_7971 IMG_7972 IMG_7974

Here’s my handsome boy.  Isn’t he cute?  I think if he keeps having looks like these, he’s going to be a heart breaker….IMG_7975

Especially if he gives the girls looks like this! LOL!

They are both such fun kids!  It’s great watching them grow and I feel so blessed to be the one who gets the private view of their development and their interesting personalities!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Vivian is like Kate's twin! Pretty much everything you said here could be said about Kate. Her love of shoes, her love of getting her hair done, Her fearlessness, her love of coloring. The box thing might even be true, though we haven't had a lot of boxes around to test it. But she loves to climb into the bus wagon every chance she gets. She's been doing that since she could sit up. These little girls really need to get together! I can't believe it's June already! Man! Maybe we'll have to wait till Fall to come. Darnit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love their little personalities! I love how much you kids adore each other too. Cute cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell from her pictures that she has a lot of personality. What a cutie! How fun that you get those passes to places around the valley twice a month. What a great thing to take advantage of. Hope it's not getting too hot for you down there. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a cutie! You have such beautiful children! And can I just say, I LOVE that bonnet she is wearing in the horse pictures. Love it! Kids should wear bonnets more often.

    ReplyDelete